Car is finally done. I got it back with new tires and the alignment! Pics Page 4

Q-Ball

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Q-Ball

• 19Cutlass94

• White93z34

• CSI_MuNkY

Well, I woke up to snow today. The cars delayed until the snow melts. I've had it with this shitty ass weather. I tried working under the car, but its non stop flurries and I just cant work under there freezing my ass off. I'm taking back all the tools I rented today too. This spring compressor does jack shit and I'm just going to try installing it with everything back together. I'll put the wheel back on and lower the car and let the cars weight compress the spring. Hopefully this works. Any idea's on how to get it back in with out a compressor?

When we were baggin my car we didn't use a spring compressor. We used a saw zaw to cut the springs out. We had the struts out of the car on the ground. It was stupid and got a little crazy when the spring broke but we both kept all 10 fingers and toes so I guess it ended well. Cutting the monoleaf in half under the car while it was on jackstands was even crazier. That spring broke and made a hug THUMP noise and I think that is the fastest I have ever come runnin out from under a car. Good times, stupid times, what can I say?? :cheers:

-Sean

Yeah, the only problem with cutting the springs is... I need to re use them :willynilly:

oh and heres some updated pics. This is as far as I go till it warms up. I hate how it went from this

HPIM1749.jpg

HPIM1750.jpg

To this

HPIM1772.jpg

HPIM1773.jpg

HPIM1774.jpg

HPIM1777.jpg

HPIM1779.jpg

HPIM1780.jpg

When we were baggin my car we didn't use a spring compressor. We used a saw zaw to cut the springs out. We had the struts out of the car on the ground. It was stupid and got a little crazy when the spring broke but we both kept all 10 fingers and toes so I guess it ended well. Cutting the monoleaf in half under the car while it was on jackstands was even crazier. That spring broke and made a hug THUMP noise and I think that is the fastest I have ever come runnin out from under a car. Good times, stupid times, what can I say?? :cheers:

-Sean

lolol you probably have about 2 lives left and someones definately looking out for you. holy shit, thats nuts

-Sean

that is funny..

Qball...you figure out the Front sway bar thing yet?...how to get it out?

You can slide it out through the passengers side. I just dont have enough room to do it. I have room on the drivers side to pull it out, but gas/brake lines get in the way of the bar. So the only option is through the passenger side. Unless you drop the frame. Doing that you can take it out by sliding the bar to one side of the car, than push it back under the car where your floor panel is and slide it out under your doors.

You can slide it out through the passengers side. I just dont have enough room to do it. I have room on the drivers side to pull it out, but gas/brake lines get in the way of the bar. So the only option is through the passenger side. Unless you drop the frame. Doing that you can take it out by sliding the bar to one side of the car, than push it back under the car where your floor panel is and slide it out under your doors.

thanks dude....I should have pleny of room when I get mine on the car lift.

thanks dude....I should have pleny of room when I get mine on the car lift.

Yeah, I'm sure you'll have a bit more room than me. Btw, you got a pm.

Just an update. The cars all back together. Paid 20 bucks and go that spring compressed and came back home and the install went nicely. Now Im taking the car to get its alignment. :willynilly:

I got my car back today. Spur of the moment I also bought new tires for the xlaces. I had Bridgestone Potenza 245/60/16 RE 910's. They had a nice tread, but they are no longer in production and I decided to go with another set of Bridgestons Potenza 245/60/16 G9006's. After getting the tires put on and balanced, I got the car aligned with them. While all that was going on, I also decided to sign up for their no payments for 6 months credit card. I was approved for 4k. So all in total, 4 new tires, removed old ones, balanced, fixed 2 boots, warrenty on the tires, and 4 wheel alignment.... Total was 1,100.00 CAD. I cant believe how much better the car feels. Almost night and day.

Heres a pic of the new tires. I'll take some of my own tomorrow.

bridgestone_potenza_g009_large.jpg

4K?!?!?! You bastard!! I was only approved for $2500, of course I was working at sport check at the time, make less than you are no on EI. Glad you finally took my advice and applied for that!

So does this mean your coming to the loo next weekend for a wreckers trip?

Jamie

4K?!?!?! You bastard!! I was only approved for $2500, of course I was working at sport check at the time, make less than you are no on EI. Glad you finally took my advice and applied for that!

So does this mean your coming to the loo next weekend for a wreckers trip?

Jamie

Yeah, I can come anytime now. :mrgreen:

$1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Yeah not cheap eh?

$1100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

thats CAD though, not USD.

Its like $950 USD, which is still ALOT!!!

I took a few pics of my bills. You'll see it adds all up. There was a few things on there I didnt mention.

Bill.jpg

Bill2.jpg

Alignment.jpg

Also here's the pics of the car and tires! The lines already wore off the tires.

HPIM1818.jpg

HPIM1819.jpg

HPIM1820.jpg

HPIM1821.jpg

HPIM1822.jpg

Enjoy.

Wow. That car is really coming along!

Yeah, just wish it would be done a little bit faster.

getting there. How are those Potenza G009 tires handling?

Better than my old RE910's, thats for sure. They handle great! I was told the sidewalls are a lot stronger too. And I cant believe the grip on these things. After looking at my bill, I got them for even cheaper than online. :high5: