2nd Gen GP 12" Brake Upgrade Info

terryk2003

yeah they are, its just that those werent standard on the intrigues. i dont think gm would design brackets unique to the intrigue hd package.

thanks for the part num's and prices. im definitely goin to the JY for these now!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• Andrew

• 99RegalGS

• 5speedz34

• 2 weeks later...

w00t!...just bought some slotted/drilled rotors tonight...just emailed Ed Morad about some caliper brackets too!...now, i just need pads (they were out of stock @ Summit in Tallmadge...gonna have to order em and have em shipped!)

just ordered the redstuff pads...the fronts are on backorder til the end of march...oh well...now i just need the 12" front caliper brackets...Ed Morad wants $75 shipped for JUST BRACKETS! :eek: or $125 shipped for Brackets, Rotors, & Calipers...i'm thinking i might just get everything & then i can paint the calipers and brackets up nice before i install them...

UNLESS, someone on here can get me some 12" front brackets for like $50 or something...

I just want brackets and calipers so that I can get them P/C'ed. Then again, I'm a cheap bastard so I know I'll just stick to painting.

I was going to get a set of brackets from Morad but whatever he had listed on eBay must have been an older set and the rears were different. Not by much but I wasn't going to take a chance. Guess I'll just keep my eyes open.

And Terry...you might as well just get everything and be done with it.

terry, the calipers and rotors that Ed will sell you are used. why bother? i would rather get new/reman calipers that i know will last several years, not to mention they'll be easier to paint since you wont have to clean them. and you got your rotors already.....

here's one of his auctions.

Ebay

Good info. :thumb:

I'll know now to put up my old hardware for sale after I spring $1200 for the Baer calipers & rotors for the IMPALER (yeah right!) :lol:

Comp G brakes are just the 12" brakes with the same caliper as what we get OEM, The GXP brakes require the bigger rims and the different pedal.

Yup!...exactly what he said...GXP are different...Comp G are teh same (or similar)

w00t...rear pads arrived today...too bad the fronts won't be here til after march 23...ohh, and i still need the front brackets...working on getting some of those right now too...

I gotta get my hands on a set of GXP brakes.

Then don't forget to by the brake pedal assembly as well....It is required for the difference in brake size, you will have a 12.7" front rotor and a 12" rear rotor and need the additional flid movement to actually make them functional.

Then don't forget to by the brake pedal assembly as well....It is required for the difference in brake size, you will have a 12.7" front rotor and a 12" rear rotor and need the additional flid movement to actually make them functional.

he has a bonneville, FWIW :wink:

he has a bonneville, FWIW :wink:

Still would check the pedal thing.... :confused: