Sub Is Installed! Thanks IRONDOG & Slick!! (NEW pics pg 5)

terryk2003

well, HUUUUUGE thanks to IRONDOGG for letting me use his garage, and to Slick for installing...thanks guys!

anywayz...it sounds great!...needs a lil fine tuning & i gotta figure out how to mount the box in my trunk so it won't move around...but, here are a couple pics i snapped of it...ignore all the crap in the trunk!...i gotta clean it out when it gets a lil warmer!

AudioInstall007.jpg

AudioInstall008.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• slick

• Euro

• 19Cutlass94

Terry, if you wanna turn the gain down some to tone it down a bit, it is the last little adjuster thing on the amp towards the back of the sub box. I knew it was getting pretty low voltage, so I tried to match it up with the amp, but it may be just a bit too much, if you think. You should be able to turn it down some (counter clock wise).

Terry, if you wanna turn the gain down some to tone it down a bit, it is the last little adjuster thing on the amp towards the back of the sub box. I knew it was getting pretty low voltage, so I tried to match it up with the amp, but it may be just a bit too much, if you think. You should be able to turn it down some (counter clock wise).

i dunno...sometimes it seems like the sub is hitting on notes that shouldnt even be bass...its kinda weird...i'll have to mess with it a lil bit when it gets warmer, or when you come down this way...

Yeah, I'm gonna see if I can in a few weeks(on a Saturday). I'll probably talk to Tony about it in the next few days. This way, the sub will be broken in so it can be fine tuned and the liner should be done.

oh yeah...i'm also thinkin about getting that radio with the 7 band EQ in hopes of a lil better sound adjustments...

That would definately be a good idea.

Which reminds me, I noticed that it was playing at a bit higher hz than I like subs to play at. I'll probably turn that down just a bit also.

I have the bass adjustment on my radio down all the way, and the frequency adjust to 50 hz. Mine would hit up realy high, and still kinda does, but not nearly as bad. I have mine set up the same as yours. Only problem i am having is if it does it too loud, i blow the fuse in the power wire. I also have the bass boost off.

You generally want to set the low pass freq., on the amp, right about 80-90 hz. Amps usually only have it marked at the low(25-25hz) and high(200-350hz), so I usually go about an 1/8turn before half. Usually right at the spot, but I guess I missed it on Terry's amp.

I have the bass adjustment on my radio down all the way, and the frequency adjust to 50 hz. Mine would hit up realy high, and still kinda does, but not nearly as bad. I have mine set up the same as yours. Only problem i am having is if it does it too loud, i blow the fuse in the power wire. I also have the bass boost off.

What guage of wire are you using? How big of a fuse? Whats the current draw of the amp(add the total of the fuses on the side of the amp). You want to match the amps current draw to the size of fuse in the power wire.

oh yeah...i'm also thinkin about getting that radio with the 7 band EQ in hopes of a lil better sound adjustments...

That would definately be a good idea.

Which reminds me, I noticed that it was playing at a bit higher hz than I like subs to play at. I'll probably turn that down just a bit also.

yeah...i was cruising around last night listening too it and just noticed those few things...it would also help more if you knew what kinda music i listend to and how i wanted it to sound...soo, when you come out, i'll have to tune it a lil more to what i'm gonna listen too...thing is, i listen to everything...which, is why i wanted to be able to turn the bass up and down with the gain knob...that way if i'm listening to something that wouldnt normally have alot of bass, i can turn it up a bit, but if i'm listening to rap or something with alot of bass, i can turn it down just a tad...we'll have to play around with it when you come out this way!...also, i'm gonna email ed morad about getting that other radio...hopefully i can grab that up before you come!...

ohh...and, drag loudcut's dumbass out here!!...we can all go up to quaker steak for dinner or something!...

side note: im such an idiot. I should have drove the 1hr and 1/2 and hung out with you guys on saturday. I didn't do shit till like 7 pm.

yeah...WTF!?!?...:lol:...you would not made it back by 7pm though...:lol:...we didnt even get started til about 5:30pm, and finished around 9pm...hell, i didnt leave chris' place til 12:15 sunday morning...:willynilly:

Ill be out there again this year most likely. Maybe ill come to the next michigan meet. So where did you end up running the power wire?

through the grommet in the firewall that the shifter cable goes through...i also ran my vacum line for my boost gauge through the same grommet...we used wire loom on the power wire under the hood, so it really looks factory...i'll take some pics under the hood when it gets a lil nicer out and i can clean it up a bit!

• 1 month later...

put the finishing touches on the install today...mounted the box in the trunk so it doesnt slide around anymore...here are a couple final pics...

newcampics004.jpg

newcampics002.jpg

i shoulda taken some pics from a different angle or something...you can't even tell that its a custom fiberglassed box...:lol:...looks square in the pics...