Sub Is Installed! Thanks IRONDOG & Slick!! (NEW pics pg 5)

terryk2003

yup...i need a lil more bass in my GTP...i wanna use the stock HU, and the stock bose setup inside the car for the highs...i'm thinking about maybe 1 10" JL W3, or maybe 2?...not sure...then i need a kickass amp that uses speaker level inputs or whatever they're called, instead of RCA's...soo, i'm just wondering if you guys think i'd be dissapointed with 1 10", or should i get 2?...also, what amp would be good for the W3?...i heard they can handle quite a bit of power...ohh...and, who wants to help me install it!?...i'm not the smartest person when it comes to installing/tweaking sound systems...i can install all the shit, but i hate running wires and tweaking for the best sound... :lol:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• slick

• Euro

• 19Cutlass94

Line level converters? I think thats what there called, or atleast something around those lines.

But when you say you want more bass, what type of sound are you after? Do you want it to sound good, tight, or just loud, "boomy"?? Basically sealed v ported. But either way one 10" can sound good, with the right box design and the right amp to push it.

Personally, I love mye 2 12"s although some say its too much. If I were you, Id go with 2 10's sealed.

Whats your budget? With JL's in mind your going to pay a nice chunk for them.

If its fairly low I might recommend buying a mach 5 sub(I'm using 2 15's).....and spending most of your money on a good amp.

Yeah Terry, how much you wanna spend. You could pick up a set of RE Audio's RE subs for less than $200 probably. They don't require a whole lotta power either, so you won't need a humongous amp.

You know I'll help install.

i dunno...i've been hearing that JL's are awwsome subs, and they can handle a decent amount of power...those are deffinatly what i'm looking for...i'm just not sure what kinda amp to run, and weather i should get 2 10's or 2 12's or just 1 10 or 1 12...

If you get the 3.6 ohm one, I like this amp: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=15086

If you get the 1.7 ohm one, get this: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11690

Don't get the 8 ohm one.

ok...i'm a newb with the whole OHM thing...which one would you recommend!?...if you were doing an install in your own car, which would you choose!?...i deffinatly trust your judgement...BTW: if i were to order a sub & amp, would you be available to help me with the install and to help me make sure i get everything i need for the install!?

Terry should get a JL 12W3V3-2 sub with my box. There would be a 4.25 db gain over JL specs without losing any SQ.

can you get me some pics/diminsions of your box?...what i wanna do is put the box on one side of my passthru in my trunk, then build an amp rack to hold my amp and put it on the other side...wondering if there'd be enough room to do this...