YAY! new fog lights!!! the best kind too! FREE!!

CSI_MuNkY

Last weekend on my trip to the parents house a rock or something obliterated one of my fog lights. Which sucks cause my fogs were awesome, they had a purpleish blue tinge to them...

The new fogs are BlazerTech 2200s! They have a gold/blue tinge to them instead.

CIMG1664.jpg

CIMG1665.jpg

Now the hard decision is to whether I hook them up to the existing wiring and switch, or if I run the switch in the kit... I'm leaning towards the one in the kit... unless I can figure out how to make the existing switch in my car be a stand alone switch (as apposed to shutting off when I turn on the high beams)

Oh, and did I mention they were free? Regularly $89.99 plus Tax... but I had a 4" thick wad of Canadian Tire money!!

For our southern friends... Canadian Tire gives you back their funny money whenever you make a purchase... or, in my case when you buy gas from them, they also hand out coupons that will get you up to 10x canadian tire money when you fill up. My dad once bought snow tires for his van with only canadian tire money :eek: but he used to drive over 100km a day in a gas gussling van, but thats another story!

Jamie

Bypassing the highbeam switch is pretty easy.. I don't know about your car specifically, but on my '92 Cutlass it was just snipping one ground wire near the underhood light fusebox.

• 2 weeks later...

You think they will actually light up yellow? Thats not kool........

The old ones don't light up the color of the tinge they have, nice and white....

I was going to wait till spring to get these installed, but given the nice weather ahead of us (all that snow I posted about the other day is nearly melted)

I'll get them installed and if they DO light up yellow they are going back...

Jamie

You think they will actually light up yellow? Thats not kool........

The old ones don't light up the color of the tinge they have, nice and white....

I was going to wait till spring to get these installed, but given the nice weather ahead of us (all that snow I posted about the other day is nearly melted)

I'll get them installed and if they DO light up yellow they are going back...

Jamie

ook well if they do light up yellow...rice...every honda and celica around here has those damn lights and it pisses me off

actually for fog lights yellow is the best color to use.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/light_color/light_color.html

So, why do yellow fog lamps work better? It's because of the way the human eye interacts with different colors of light. Blue and violet are very difficult for the human optical system to process correctly. They are the shortest visible wavelengths and tend to focus in front of our eyes' retinae, rather than upon it.

actually for fog lights yellow is the best color to use.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/light_color/light_color.html

So, why do yellow fog lamps work better? It's because of the way the human eye interacts with different colors of light. Blue and violet are very difficult for the human optical system to process correctly. They are the shortest visible wavelengths and tend to focus in front of our eyes' retinae, rather than upon it.

it still wont make me get yellows

yeah, having yellow fogs kinda defeats the purpose. white driving lights are okay. yellow lights are rice? hmm..thats a new one to me!

well im sorry but every honda civic and celica have them..so thats were i get the rice thing from

hmm, all the ricers i see have blue lights :dunno: oh, well, good luck with those. also, fogs are for low-visibility conditions where you dont want to have your highs on anway, so i dont understand why you didnt get white driving lights if youre going to bypass that, but thats just me.

hmm, all the ricers i see have blue lights :dunno: oh, well, good luck with those. also, fogs are for low-visibility conditions where you dont want to have your highs on anway, so i dont understand why you didnt get white driving lights if youre going to bypass that, but thats just me.

Yeah... all the ricers around here have bright blue lights with tons of glare..

You asking why I didn't get white driving lights if I'm going to bypass the high beams? Because I still think the ones I got ARE white...

Not to mention the only way to really improve on mini quads (at least until someone makes real HIDs for them) is to add more lights...

Jamie

yeah, these lights do suck. i dont see why you need driving lights and highs on at the same time (just dont see why its worth the trouble of bypassing that when you prob wont be able to see the driving lights when the highs are on. maybe i'm wrong and i should just stfu :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, yellow fog lights are FUNCTIONAL fog lights. In most cases the oem "fog lights" are not fog lights but week so they really dont do much. And if you go ahead and buy bighter lights for the stock housing you will either set your car on fire or melt the housing if the new bulbs are higher powered. I went ahead and did a test on my brothers grand am and I bought some wal-world driving lights. They are 55w lights instead of the 27 watt stockers. they come with a new glass housing and work awsome. But we were more interested in using them as fog lights instead of driving lights. So I went ahead and bought 55w nokya yellow 3500k bulbs, let me tell you they work awsome. They cut through the fog like nothing else. Also they are brighter then the 5000k bulbs. So yes fog lights are functional if they are the right color.