New system is finally in, now to the body shop.

IRONDOG442

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• terryk2003

• sclary18

Another update, heres one of my last additions to prevent that from happening again, yes its being recorded.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Hey Chris, my girlfriend wants a remote starter for christmas and since I will be in the Toledo area for the Holidays, I was wondering what you reccomend? She has a 99 civic EX (yes she drives a honda) but may be selling the car within a couple years and would like to take the remote starter with her. Is it easy enough to install and then uninstall and then reinstall once more or would I be better off telling her to wait untill she gets a car that she actually likes to put it in?

Hey Chris, my girlfriend wants a remote starter for christmas and since I will be in the Toledo area for the Holidays, I was wondering what you reccomend? She has a 99 civic EX (yes she drives a honda) but may be selling the car within a couple years and would like to take the remote starter with her. Is it easy enough to install and then uninstall and then reinstall once more or would I be better off telling her to wait untill she gets a car that she actually likes to put it in?

Well... when we prep the harness for the alarm/remote start/keyless entry, basically we trim back any wires that we won't use for that particular vehicle, and cut to length the rest of the harness. I mean, it is possible to uninstall it from the one vehicle, and re-install it into the next, but it's a pain in the installers ass, and you would be charged the full amount of labor(when you buy them new, they include the labor) again to have it re-installed into the next.

IMO, i'd personally wait to install a remote starter into a car she wants to keep, mainly because, say she doesn't go with a Honda on the next vehicle, there will be parts that you bought for this car that you wouldn't use on the next car. And, with the new vehicle's needing all sorts of bypass modules, and door lock modules(any new Daimler-Chrysler, most new GM's can get away with the relay pack that it comes with, but would need additional relays, any foreign vehicle, etc...), they get pricey to do really quick, especially on a college budget.

Another update, heres one of my last additions to prevent that from happening again, yes its being recorded.

Nice. Glad to see everything has worked out. :thumb:

btw, in that pic your stock rims look bigger than mine lol wonder why