New system is finally in, now to the body shop.

IRONDOG442

Well the title pretty much says it all, now I remember why I had a factory HU in my car for so long.

The Perp knocked out my trunk lock, broke my door handle, destroyed my rear package shelf, and speaker covers, tore the top of the rear leather seat with a screw driver taking out the rear 6x9s, broke my door panels and let the air out of my tires causing 3 of the beads to go bad ruining the tires, they also stole my spare key I had hidden in my glove box. Ass hole stole my HU, my subs, my box, and my amp, and ruined my wires in the process. I am a bit pissed off to say the least. After it was all said and done they did $2,900 worth of damage and lost property, I have a $500 deductible, so I am out $500.

Here's the carnage.

dsc01278nh5.th.jpg

dsc01282kl4.th.jpg

dsc01280vs2.th.jpg

dsc01279ta1.th.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• terryk2003

• sclary18

yeah just too damned bad they damaged my car getting it out.

yeah...that would piss me off too...i'm just glad that whoever tried to break into my cutlass didnt ruin anything besides the door lock...and i'm glad they never actually got in!

sucks about your car though man...is INSURANCE gonna pay for the stereo too!?...or are you gonna get fucked over because you didnt have extra insurance for that?

The lady from state farm working in the car stereo department (yes they actually have a audio dept) says they will cover it but I need to give them reciepts for EVERYTHING!!! I bought alot of this shit in 9/04 I dont have most of the receipts left, she also said I could show them the original boxes but they got damaged when my basement flooded a few years ago. I might be screwed. I told her I had digital pictures of my stuff in my car and she said that wasnt enough.

Wowzers. It still makes my head spin to think of why people feel the need to steal other peoples shit. Then again, I guess I always thought that we were all in the same boat...guess not!!

Hopefully you'll have everything covered though. Hell, even "make up" some receipts, or if you charged stuff to a Credit Card you *might* be able to get a past statement from that bank....

someone broke into my moms car in our driveway about a month ago, she left the doors unlocked so they didnt damage the lock. They were kind of lazy, thank god, they only stole a few CD's and for some reason the ice scraper. They tried to steal the CD player but they only took the trim ring off and left it alone. They didnt touch my car that was parked about 5 feet away in the front of the driveway, I guess they thought I didnt have shit in it because mine was older.

i can't imagine what i what do if i walked upto my car and saw someone steeling my stuff. Makes my agnry just thinking about it now. especially if i wasn't alone, the outcome might not be in that persons favor.

This is what I am thinking about installing in my Intrigue to solve the missing key problem.

What do you guys think??

If they cant find the door handles they wont be able to get the doors open.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Door-8-Channel-45-LB-Shaved-Handle-Door-Popper-Kit_W0QQitemZ150050680578QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I remember a couple of years ago my grandfather accidentally left his '01 Silverado unlocked overnight with thousands of dollars worth of hunting and fishing equipment inside and all the theif took was about $5 in Canadian change.

I remember a couple of years ago my grandfather accidentally left his '01 Silverado unlocked overnight with thousands of dollars worth of hunting and fishing equipment inside and all the theif took was about $5 in Canadian change.

Are you even sure someone broke in and stole it and your grandfather didn't lose it? lol I mean who would go into a truck for $5?

This is what I am thinking about installing in my Intrigue to solve the missing key problem.

What do you guys think??

If they cant find the door handles they wont be able to get the doors open.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Door-8-Channel-45-LB-Shaved-Handle-Door-Popper-Kit_W0QQitemZ150050680578QQihZ005QQcategoryZ33696QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

definitely not a bad idea. I'd do it.

damn that sucks!!!!!! looks like an "impulse" job. and an amateur at that. He was a fucking retard while pulling everything out. when you get the "pro's" thats when they know how to get in without wrecking everygoddamn thing

Are you even sure someone broke in and stole it and your grandfather didn't lose it? lol I mean who would go into a truck for $5?

Stupid teenagers.. it happened to a couple other people on the street as well. I was proving a point that people who steal are the most moronic on earth.