New system is finally in, now to the body shop.

IRONDOG442

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• terryk2003

• sclary18

Oh yeah, forgot to get back to you on the alarms. At work, we have a 2 way alarm/keyless entry system that I think you would be interested in. It doesn't have the screen, but it is still a 2 way Viper system.

Chris, I am coming in after work tomorrow, which will be around 5:00 hopefully you can get me and install it that night... I don't want to park to behind my house another night w/o an alarm.

Alrighty! I'll be able to let you know tomorrow night as soon as you come in if I can tomorrow night or not. If not, then..... umm.. we can set up an appointment with me, or one of the other guys, as long as it fits your schedule. In fact, if my schedule doesn't work with yours, ask to have it installed by James. He's our top installer, by far. John, one of our other installers, is learning quick as hell, and is getting awesome. Bo is learning right along with me.

Welp, found your model year in the Voting Thread, looks like you don't need any additional relays for the trunk pop(it's negative triggered), and it will interface right into the PassKey II with no problem. The one that we have in stock is the Viper 350HV http://www.directed.com/security/viper/viper_esp.asp It's $230 + taxes, and I can do it tonight. I already had them write me in an appointment in our book at work. The only downfall is that it's not a 2-way system, but I can wire up an extra siren so its extra loud for ya(one of my other installers had 6 sirens in his Jeep Wrangler :lol: :willynilly:).

Whats the alarm system I have Chirs? What does it retail for?

I love it, it's so badass! I highly reccommend it, not to mention I got it for a good price.

Viper 791, retails for about $500. He doesn't want remote start though.

His alarm and your alarm are pretty much the same exact thing. They use the same dual zone shock sensor, and they use the same keyless system.

Viper(or anything made by DEI) is what I recommend.

Looks like exactly what I am looking for I park behind the house and I sleep upstairs so as long as it wakes me or my labrador up it will work....

Alrighty. I can turn the shock sensors sensitivity up some, so it's a bit extra sensative. It does give off a warning tone before the initial alarm go's off, that way the person knows that it has an alarm. It also comes with two window decals, if you want them. Obviously I won't put those on!!!

Thanks again Chris for installing my alarm, you did a great job!!! It was nice to finally meet you. I have only one question, is the Blue LED light under the dash somewhere? I realize you probably didnt not want to drill a hole in my car to mount it so you left that up to me and I appreciate that. But if I did decide I wanted to mount it someplace is it under the dash???

Well... like you said, I wanted to wait for you to mount the blue LED. I had it sitting up on the bench, and we got to talking, and I totally forgot all about it. So... it's currently sitting here on my desk right in front of me. I can toss it in the mail, or just take it to work with me.