New system is finally in, now to the body shop.

IRONDOG442

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• terryk2003

• sclary18

I am sure you are 100% right about that but, I don't want the resonance in my trunk space and I do not listen to rap music. I like a crisp solid hit of bass in my music that gives an overall powerful feeling. It's much louder with the subs facing the rear of the car but I don't want it that loud, I don't run my amp bridged and I even run the subs stereo not mono. IMO Nothing sounds worse than a vibrating trunk lid, spoiler, and license plate.

. IMO Nothing sounds worse than a vibrating trunk lid, spoiler, and license plate.

x10000!....system looks great!...glad to hear you didnt get screwd by your insurance company!...

. IMO Nothing sounds worse than a vibrating trunk lid, spoiler, and license plate.

x10000!....system looks great!...glad to hear you didnt get screwd by your insurance company!...

x1000000000000000000000000000 I agree, That is why I dynamatted a shitload in my trunk.. i even took off the big back up light setup and dynamted that, and the metal it sits against.. my trunk still rattles a bit outside the car, but its alot better without my reverse lights flexing out an inch!

hmmm, ive never had any rattling problems, but then again my setup isn't nearly as big or loud as either of yours.

In unrelated news, Ive always hated the key being on the dash like that. not bashing you, i just didnt like that idea :lol:

When I had my olds system, before I put all the Dyanamt in, my car would rattle like crazy! But now with my new system, and over 100sq.ft. of Dyanamat Xtreme, I have no problems, no rattles. The only thing is once I really turn it up, my trunk lid flexes....

x2 with the key on the dash. Now if I was in a viper, Im sure I wouldnt mind where it was :lol:

Oh yeah I (or You, Slick) will definitely be installing either the best or one of the best alarms on the market, and I always keep at least one pistol in the house loaded.

Oh yeah I (or You, Slick) will definitely be installing either the best or one of the best alarms on the market, and I always keep at least one pistol in the house loaded.

Just lemme know. If you just want an alarm/keyless entry, it can be had for cheap. Adding a remote start will definately jump up the price quite a bit.

I Don't want remote start, but I want a nice sensor alarm that will tell me remotely (on my keyless pad) my car is being messed with it would also be nice if it recommended which caliber of ammuntion to use and or range of desired target(s).

Haha, well, we have the viper lineup at work, but the one with the little display is remote start also. I mean, I guess we could just not use the remote start on it.

If I were you though, I'd look for one that is DEI made that doesn't have the remote start capability. The cost will be much much cheaper.

I can get you a Viper Alarm/Keyless that has an adjustable sensor and voltage level sensor for a pretty decent cost. Adding additional sirens, sensors, etc... isn't too awful much. But, it won't have the fancy screen.

Im looking to spend about $400 what does that get me? and the face isnt detachable.

that sucks, hope no tweekers walk by and look in your window. then roll by at 5:30 AM :eek:

they dont see a face on the HU, they may walk on by to the neighbors.

are the Python alarms made by viper or is that something totally different? someone told me that Viper is now Python???

Im looking to spend about $400 what does that get me? and the face isnt detachable.

are the Python alarms made by viper or is that something totally different? someone told me that Viper is now Python???

Viper, Python, Clifford, Avital, Sidewinder, Rattler, Valet, Hornet, and Wasp are all made by DEI, just different name brands for the same products basically.

Haha, well, we have the viper lineup at work, but the one with the little display is remote start also. I mean, I guess we could just not use the remote start on it.

If I were you though, I'd look for one that is DEI made that doesn't have the remote start capability. The cost will be much much cheaper.

I can get you a Viper Alarm/Keyless that has an adjustable sensor and voltage level sensor for a pretty decent cost. Adding additional sirens, sensors, etc... isn't too awful much. But, it won't have the fancy screen.

do they sell the Viper 5000 @ best buy?...thats teh one i had in my cutlass, and it doesnt have remote start, but does have the 2 way pager!

DSC00851.jpg