New system is finally in, now to the body shop.

IRONDOG442

I see all sorts of thefts come into my install bay. Some are done like they took care of taking it apart, and puting it back together. Others are completely trashed. All depends on how well the person knows how stuff go's together/comes apart, and little tricks in each car.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IRONDOG442

• slick

• terryk2003

• sclary18

Damn, that really sucks. :( I guess it's a good thing you didn't buy that 2-DIN HU w/touchscreen LCD that a few of us were recommending!

Personally, I think the best deterrent is an attached garage. When I lived at my parents' house, one night thieves ravaged every car on the street that didn't have an alarm blinky light. They hit cars on the street, and even cars on the driveway parked up next to the house. They attempted to break into my car (which had the most expensive system of anyone on the street) and boogered up some window trim, but it looked like they gave up when they noticed the blinky light in the cluster (I blacked out the UPSHIFT icon in the cluster and turned that indicator into an alarm blinky light, looked cool but sort of subtle). I probably should have put the blinky light in a more prominent spot, because they might not even have attempted it then. Obviously, all the garaged cars were untouched.

That's one reason I plan to sell my TGP, so I can move my truck inside which has a navigation system I paid big bucks for.

Not to mention, parking cars indoors is an amazing preservative. They don't wear, deteriorate, fade, or get weathered when parked indoors. You also don't have to wash them as often either, and no one cares if you go out and fiddle with the stereo at midnight in your PJ's.

That sucks. Its shit like this that keeps me from wanting to put a nice stereo in my car. Ièd much rather have the stocker in there and never have the car get broken into. Well, for the stereo at least.

just use a detachable face and use all the factory speaker grilles. have a blinking light, an alarm is a must have. I hate having one installed, but cant live without here. sorry man to hear that. I dont know about the shaved handle thing, they can still break the glass.

i'd totally go off the deep end. i'd get it repaired and "bait" it with a new HU to steal. and wait in the bushes with a shotgun for those fucks to come back with your other key to break in.

thats the name reason why i have stock stereos, but aftermarket speakers.

uhh yeah.. if i were you.. i'd get all new locks including the ignition key if its the same.. cuz now all they gotta do is come back to your house even in the day, open your door, and drive away without anyone thinking anything of it

Well guys here’s an update....

Saturday I took my car to Circuit City and a representative there checked my wires and looked over my car's missing equipment who talked to this company on behalf of State Farm over the phone.

Today I got a call from, State Farm's representative a car audio place somewhere in Kansas that handles all lost aftermarket equipment.

Here's what they are replacing

One of my Pioneer 6x9"s were damaged... so they are replacing them with a set of Boston Acoustics SL95 6x9 Speakers

My HU was removed as well and they are replacing it with a PIONEER AVIC-Z1 CAR DVD/GPS Player

My Infinity Subs were taken out and they ar replacing them with INFINITY 1252W models

My T6Neo MTX .75" horn tweeters were removed they are replacing with new 1" MTX models

My Sony Xplod 1200 Watt Amp was removed they are replacing with Rockford Fosgate P5002 Amp

My Pioneer 6 Disc Changer was damaged so they are replacing it with another Changer which works with my HU

They are upgrading my stuff if a direct replacement is not available or on the basis that it's easier to install in my car.

They sent this all in the mail to my door and sent me a voucher to have it professionally installed at a stereo place of my choice or will pay me to install it myself.

Moral of the Story State Farm Insurance really took care of me here, I never told them I had aftermarket equipment installed in this car and they covered it anyway. My premium is a little higher than most of my friends but the bottom line is they are covering it and sending me $600 (actually $1,100 minus my $500 deductible) to repair my body. State Farm is a good company and made me happy, of course this is all subject to change if this stuff doesn't actually arrive in the mail.

They told me to take it to Circuit City, I would have for sure, I think they are going to replace the amp kit as well. If not the other one worked fine for me. I will get you guys an update when this equipment shows up. I havent made my wmind up if I am going to isntall it or have it done. I already did it once.

Holy crap, you're really come out on top on this deal, congrats! :cheers:

Seriously, I would be HAPPY if my car gotten broken into, to get all this upgraded stuff!

My HU was removed as well and they are replacing it with a PIONEER AVIC-Z1 CAR DVD/GPS Player

Oh man, AVIC-Z1!!! :drool: That HU retails for around $2000!!! Street price around $1500 by itself. You're one lucky, lucky guy.

You must have done some good deeds, because it sounds like you've got some good karma. :lol:

I agree, although I'm not sure of any good deeds I have done lately, and I will let you know what I actually get when it shows up at my door. My luck the carrier will leave it at my door and the crackhead who stole my stuff in the first place will take it off my front porch and get me again.

Holy crap, you're really come out on top on this deal, congrats! :cheers:

Seriously, I would be HAPPY if my car gotten broken into, to get all this upgraded stuff!

Oh man, AVIC-Z1!!! :drool: That HU retails for around $2000!!! Street price around $1500 by itself. You're one lucky, lucky guy.

You must have done some good deeds, because it sounds like you've got some good karma. :lol:

Im jelous that your getting that!

Actually they are sending a AVHP6800DVD Pioneer HU Unit which doesnt have the navigation but it has a 6 disc dvd changer in it.

I got an email tonight confirming tracking numbers of the following items:

Pioneer CDXP680 CD CHANGER $160

GM10 GM ANTENNA ADAPTER $10

992003 DASH KIT $20

Boston Acoustics S953 3 WAY 6X9 $149

Rockford Fosgate P325.2 AMPLIFIER 160W X 2CH 9355864200-01 $249

Pioneer AVHP6800DVD MULTI-CD CONTROL DVD HU $1,200

6X9WB 6X9 SPEAKER BOX PAIR $30

Infinity 1252W 12" DVC SUBWOOFER ES2092-015736 $70

Infinity 1252W 12" DVC SUBWOOFER ES2092-015735 $70

HB212V 12IN DUAL VENTED SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE $80

MTX T8 Neo 1" tweeters $80

For a total of $2,118 not including shipping or installation... so in 6 months when I am bitching aboutmy outrageous premiums don't listen to me.

So when I get this stuff installed, after I upgrade my alarm I will post pictures.

Luckily for me the crackhead left my Infinity Kappa 4.25" Component speakers in my front door panels so I won't have to replace them.

That's still not bad. I actually would prefer an AVH-P6800DVD with the optional navigation add-on over the Z1... partly because I have a spare add-on navigation for it in my basement already, and also because the 6800 has visualizations like spectrum analyzer, entertainment clock, etc. while the Z1 doesn't. They sell new about $850 on eBay for the cheapest ones so that's still a great find! I would buy one for myself if it was closer to $600.

If anyone did that to my car, heads would roll..even though I have stock everything, but I don't need to upgrade anything anyway.

Thats pretty cool how your insurance is taking care of everything, but why did you have a spare key in your car in the first place?

I'd keep a close eye on your car since they now have that key, if you haven't done something about that already. :wink:

A few years ago someone broke the back window out of my dad's '98 Tahoe but didn't take anything...and it looked like they broke it from the inside because there wasn't any broken glass at all inside.

That insurance rocks!! My buddy has the same insurance and his car was broken into. the dumbass tried to steal his $1200 dvd HU, but couldnt, and only ended up scratching the fuck out of it. the insurance bought him a new $1500 dvd HU!!!!! then he sold the scratched up one for like $800.

have someone else install it all. like you said, you already did once.

Today I installed the system, (they paid me $370.00 to do it) I didnt have time to take pictures but I did take pictures last night while I was assembling the sub box and locating my amp. All I have left to do is wire in my capacitor tomorrow and I will be all set.

Here's the update I had to hide a toggle switch that was grounded in my console so I can watch DVD's while driving but it was well worth it. I have to finish wiring the cap and beautify the wiring in the back otherwise it sounds awesome and looks pretty solid. Note where I cut my dash panel for the boost knob for my amp.