G-Stop brake lines *Installed*

krtkohbain27

Well I wanted to upgrade the stock rubber brake line hoses. I noticed the Goodridge G-Stop Stainless steel lines from tirerack.com. So I get them. I took it to a mechanic and he couldn't install the rear hoses because they were MUCH more longer than stock. IIRC I think stock hoses for the rear are like 8" while the SS lines I just bought are like 20". I figured I grabbed the wrong box. I have a 96 Grand Prix. The part number for the kit that I got is 12237. It says its for the 94-97 GP. Then other sites say its for the 94-96 GP which makes more sense seeing how they redid the 97+ GP's. Would part #12236 have shorter lines for the rear? That # says its for the 91-93 GP. Would that work? Any suggestions?

Well I contacted the seller and he said to get ahold of Goodridge and they'll send out the right size lines for me. I haven't yet called the company so I'm not sure if they can actually do this. I'll keep you guys informed.

Well good news.. Customer support was very responsive and helpful via E-mail. They accidently gave me the 22" rear lines instead of the 12". They're shipping them to me as we speak, no charge. A definate plus for Goodridge :thumb:.

Well good news.. Customer support was very responsive and helpful via E-mail. They accidently gave me the 22" rear lines instead of the 12". They're shipping them to me as we speak, no charge. A definate plus for Goodridge :thumb:.

Have you run into any issues with different types of flares on the lines? I think Davis talked about having to re-flare some of his lines, but others didn't. I'm curious because this is something I really want to do. Thanks

Have you run into any issues with different types of flares on the lines? I think Davis talked about having to re-flare some of his lines, but others didn't. I'm curious because this is something I really want to do. Thanks

I've heard of this also with other cars also.

I won't be able to get them on till the end of next week. Maybe early into the following week. I'd imagine it would be a direct OE replacement. Maybe for some they were sent the wrong parts, idk. Happened to me with the lines. Anyhow I'll get back to you guys when I get it installed. I'll let you know how the installation goes.

Well just a lil update. I should be getting my replacement kit next tuesday (24th). As soon as I get them in I can finally install them and let anyone know who's interested in getting this kit how they install, and if there were any problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got my replacement kit today.. Look at the difference. The replacement kit is on the left side of the photo. And on the bottom right you can see the difference in length opposed to the correct lines on the bottom left (the rear lines). They really messed up.. :lol: Anyway i'm having these installed this wensday (1st of Nov). I'll let you know how it goes..

100_5019.jpg

cheapest you can get them is around $115 shipped and benifits = much better pedal feel/firmer stopping, because unlike the stock rubber hoses, these don't flex and stretch under the pressure of the brake fluid.

Guest TurboSedan

:werd: i'm really curious about this. let us know how it goes and get pics of them installed if you can. i would really like to get these.

thanks.

cheapest you can get them is around $115 shipped and benifits = much better pedal feel/firmer stopping, because unlike the stock rubber hoses, these don't flex and stretch under the pressure of the brake fluid.

Also, if your rubber lines are really old they will absorb water, thus adding to the spongy feel. These stainless lines won't absorb any water, ever.

Well they're installed. I had a mechanic do mine. Charged $194.83 for replacing the lines. He said it was time consuming because he had to replace some rusted lines (1 or 2 I think on the driver side). If it weren't for the rusted lines then everything would have been "bolt on". There's definitely an improvement.. I wanna get some better brake pads and some new rotors though to get the "full effect".

Good, so nothing had to re-flared? That's very encouraging.

Just make sure you get the right kit for your car and everything should be smooth sailing from there.

any chance on getting some pics? :smile:

I'm actually quite interested in how it looks too. I'll try and get some pic's of the front and rear lines with the tires removed. I'll get some close-ups on all of the connections so you can see how its all connected.

Good, so nothing had to re-flared? That's very encouraging.

Just make sure you get the right kit for your car and everything should be smooth sailing from there.

any chance on getting some pics? :smile:

I'm actually quite interested in how it looks too. I'll try and get some pic's of the front and rear lines with the tires removed. I'll get some close-ups on all of the connections so you can see how its all connected.

Awesome. Thanks a lot!

• 1 month later...