oh noes! another hid question

pwmin

"are you shittin me" dude im with matt on this one. stfu if youre just going to be a dick. maybe you didnt mean it like thats but thats a little on the rude side.

i dont drive the car much so i dont care. all i care is that it works so much better for me than the silverstars. its dangerous how bad the stock lighting is. i could get a ticket for the tint too. its not as bad as my camera makes it either. the beam pattern is fine looking at it on my garage door. there's only one projector that will work anyway and its going to be a pia to get it to work and besides its not for an hid bulb anyway.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pwmin

• GnatGoSplat

• dohc v6

• slick

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't tell much from the pic. Yeah, there's glare, but looks like he crouched down to take the pic. If he took the pic when standing, there would probably be a lot less glare. Not to mention camera exposure probably makes those lights look brighter than they really are. I really doubt he'll have trouble with cops. Miniquads don't put out that much light.

this pic is a little better. honestly, its not that bad. my camera sux and i dont really know how to use it that well. pretty soon, im going to get a good hp camera. my friend works for product control and tests out all of their cameras. ive seen pics of silverstars that had about the same glare

HIDinstalled1.jpg?t=1164931681

Wow I wish we could meet in person(97 loudcut). As far as that look it seems to be fine but still a projetor setup would be better. I am sorry if it sounded rude. As for the other guy, I would rather not say.

yeah, i know a projector would most likely be better, but i have better visibility than my apc high beams, so im happy. its def better than my stock cobalt lighting (which has a projector and clear lense).

i looked at it last night and there is NO glare until you go down to eye level and even then there's hardly any at all. i wasnt blinded either :lol:

Wow... that pattern looks great!

I must be blind, I see very little glare there that can't be blamed on the camera (no offence on the camera front, mine does it too)

I did something similar, only I used Sylvainia Cool Blue 9005s and 9006s

Not trying to start any arguements here!!! I'm just curious, I just read this entire thread for the first time (I'm bored)... there seems to be a lot of arguement about fluted lenses vs clear lenses... has anyone actually TRIED to clear a set of mini quads just to see what happens? All I saw (maybe I missed something) was a lot of discussion about theory, and I don't understand that all that well... still sinking in I guess... If no ones tried it, I might just go to the wreckers and pick up a set for $5 and clear them, just to see what happens...

Jamie

Wow... that pattern looks great!

I must be blind, I see very little glare there that can't be blamed on the camera (no offence on the camera front, mine does it too)

Actually, that pattern really doesn't look good. There's no defined cutoff and the beam isn't well controlled.

An ideal beam pattern looks like this:

http://www.stylabilen.se/xenon/cutoff2.JPG

See how there is a very sharp cutoff with virtually no light above it? That's ideal. Also notice the right side has an angle, that's to illuminate the right side of the road.

That said, we'll never be able to get a very good beam pattern with our crappy DOT spec headlamps so what he's got is probably as good as it gets.

Not trying to start any arguements here!!! I'm just curious, I just read this entire thread for the first time (I'm bored)... there seems to be a lot of arguement about fluted lenses vs clear lenses... has anyone actually TRIED to clear a set of mini quads just to see what happens? All I saw (maybe I missed something) was a lot of discussion about theory, and I don't understand that all that well... still sinking in I guess... If no ones tried it, I might just go to the wreckers and pick up a set for $5 and clear them, just to see what happens...

Why would you? There's no purpose to clear them unless you plan to put projectors in them. That would accomplish nothing except making the beam pattern even less controlled than it is.

the beam pattern was never defined before like that :lol: like you said, i think this is the best you can do without doing an hid projector retrofit.

i was very close to the door and my camera sux so ill park farther and try to get a better idea of the pattern. i think it will look better that way. however, its not blinding looking at it from an oncoming car and i can see much better now.

guess ill link my post of further questions: http://www.w-body.com/forum/index.php/topic,52892.0.html

the beam pattern was never defined before like that :lol: like you said, i think this is the best you can do without doing an hid projector retrofit.

Yeah, you're right, our lights sucked before and they will suck after, HIDs just makes them suck less. :lol:

lowered the beam some and took a pic farther away (its kinda defined :lol:). these are def brighter than the highs i have right now, but they dont seem as bright as the low beams on my cobalt (looking straight at them).

DSCF0983.jpg