• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• GnatGoSplat

• Brian P

• 19Cutlass94

:thinking: what are you talking about?

When the outer edges of the spokes where they meet the rim is more pushed in than the rest. It's hard to explain, but kind of like a right-side-up starfish. I prefer the outermost edge of the spokes to stick out more than any other part of the spoke. I like the side profile of the wheels to look concave rather than convex.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It's just another one of my nitpicky weirdnesses that nobody else can understand. :lol:

Where the spokes meet the hub, they are bigger than where the spoke meet the rim. And curve out.

Well, I actually don't mind the spoke being wider where it meets the hub, I just don't like it when the very ends of the spoke curve inwards where they meet the outside of the rim. I'm just weird like that.

I like the side profile of the wheels to look concave rather than convex.

Sort of like the 1st gen GP 5 spokes?

Yeah, but those are a bit too small for my taste!

It's no coincidence that all the wheels on my cars are concave. An outer lip seems to be the "in" thing these days which I do like, but almost every wheel with a lip has spokes that turn in at the ends so I don't care for them much either.

:thinking: what are you talking about?

When the outer edges of the spokes where they meet the rim is more pushed in than the rest. It's hard to explain, but kind of like a right-side-up starfish. I prefer the outermost edge of the spokes to stick out more than any other part of the spoke. I like the side profile of the wheels to look concave rather than convex.

Anyway, don't worry about it. It's just another one of my nitpicky weirdnesses that nobody else can understand. :lol:

lol i know exactly what you are saying and I agree!

thats why Ilike the olds 98 rims I got for my 95 CS. lots of lip too!

i like the concave look a lot better, and it seems recently ive noticed i like the spokes to be larger toward the outside as opposed to larger at the center

Oh, and ken, you should email me those pics we took that day (like your sig)

/hijack

i wouldnt say the xlaces look like shit, but they def werent my first choice. i wouldve had 8" unknowns on mine if i would have had the money.

wow...that that woulda looked trick...some 8" wheels...were you gonna modify the rotor and caliper for them to fit!?...

:rolleyes: i meant wide, jackass, lol. i got the xlaces cuz they were 8" wide so i could fit 245's on there. here, ill correct it for you: i wouldve had 18x8 unknowns on mine if i would have had the money (instead of the crosslaces) :willynilly: :lol:

ill get it wheeled out again next spring..

BTW I drive 20 miles tops a week if that

Yep, his sugar momma takes him everywhere.

BTW, why in the hell do all of the threads you create go on forever?

i wouldnt say the xlaces look like shit, but they def werent my first choice. i wouldve had 8" unknowns on mine if i would have had the money.

wow...that that woulda looked trick...some 8" wheels...were you gonna modify the rotor and caliper for them to fit!?...

:rolleyes: i meant wide, jackass, lol. i got the xlaces cuz they were 8" wide so i could fit 245's on there. here, ill correct it for you: i wouldve had 18x8 unknowns on mine if i would have had the money (instead of the crosslaces) :willynilly: :lol:

easy there with the name calling, killer!...i completely didnt understand what you said @ all...i just assumed you meant 18's actually, and i was just kidding around...sheeesh...thanks for clearing that up though!