Black Crosslaces on my Cutlass

97loudcut

Unless you need them for the purpose of wider tires in the summer time.... NO!

Winter rims? NO! Keep your current rims if you are going aftermarket, or get some junk rims.

Black rims ARE overdone, I'm getting sick of mine, but whatever.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97loudcut

• GnatGoSplat

• Brian P

• 19Cutlass94

Tires would be wayyy too wide for winter rims.

Use the stock 5 spokes, and pick up some 205 width tires, and run some humongous sidewalls. Winter tires are cheap.

get some steelies like i had

195/714 baby! i had goodyear ultragrips on the rims and i NEVER got stuck once, and htye were like $160 mounted and balanced (i worked there and they were stuick in some corner never mounted)

anything other than crosslaces

seriously.....the crosslaces are half-way decent for stockers, but compared to aftermarket rims they look like shit....I don't care if you paint them, the polish them up....then all you have is painted and polished shit....

leave it to w-body people to prefer lame stock rims over aftermarket ones...

i wouldnt say the xlaces look like shit, but they def werent my first choice. i wouldve had 8" unknowns on mine if i would have had the money.

wow...that that woulda looked trick...some 8" wheels...were you gonna modify the rotor and caliper for them to fit!?...

anything other than crosslaces

seriously.....the crosslaces are half-way decent for stockers, but compared to aftermarket rims they look like shit....I don't care if you paint them, the polish them up....then all you have is painted and polished shit....

leave it to w-body people to prefer lame stock rims over aftermarket ones...

WTF? I resemble that remark.

You can't can't CAN'T make that kind of a generalization. Just because popular opinion says stocker rims are lame doesn't mean they are. I personally prefer stocker rims over aftermarket. I think some look better than others, but hell, some people think steelies look better! Who am I to judge?

No way, I take issue to that.

i think i agree with jeremy on this one. yeah, the polished crosslaces look better than non polished ones, and the 5 spokes look better than the sawblades, but thats as far as it goes. aftermarket rims are made to look better than stock ones (styles and participation may vary). I think it's funny that everyone thought the wheels i buoght looked good, and then now i get people giving me flak for having ones that are too big and all that :lol: I don't mind, i just think its kinda funny

it's resent!!! Not resemble! :lol:

If reasonably priced aftermarket wheels weren't so prone to breaking, and damage from road hazards I'd might give them more credit. But they aren't, so I don't.

If reasonably priced aftermarket wheels weren't so prone to breaking, and damage from road hazards I'd might give them more credit. But they aren't, so I don't.

I've had aftermarket wheels on 4 of my 5 vehicles for many years now, never had one break or sustain any more damage than a factory wheel. :shrug:

maybe you pick the good ones :lol: they're not ALL bad. But say the ones made in China or India, I've seen them crack, shear, SHATTER, and it's common on wheels with the thin style 5-spokes. I saw a Konig crack from someone installing a wheel weight!

I don't know, probably just the styles I prefer are a little more beefy and not as dainty as the tuner stuff that's popular these days. I can't say there's a single Konig I care for very much.

My AE 077's seem to hold up very well, not sure where they're made, USA maybe? CSA's hold up extremely well and the finish seems very durable, they're made in Australia. The wheels on my truck are from China, but they're just an exact copy of Silverado SS factory wheels and have nice fat spokes.

my alessios seem to hold up very well. theres a stupid entrance to the one small parking lot where i have to park, and I curbed it hard the other day :redface: i was expecting something bad, but it didn't do anything except rash the edge of the rim slightly.

FYI Shawn I have Konig's.. so your saying you don't like my wheel choice?

They're alright, but I've never really cared for wheels with spokes that curve in at the ends. It makes the middle look bulgey.