Make your own Z34!

Stevo

Ok ... I got bored today and decided to cobble up a lil cartoon wbody.

I built a Z34 since the car is rather boxy and lends to the design.

pic1ma3.jpg

redz34pg1ba3.th.jpg redz34pg2qu1.th.jpg redz34pg3lb5.th.jpg redz34pg4ds4.th.jpg redz34pg5em6.th.jpg

blackz34pg1qo0.th.jpgwhitez34pg2cr9.th.jpg

whitez34pg1gh7.th.jpgblackz34pg2jl6.th.jpg

Ok sorry no instructions at the moment. The design is pretty simplistic. The hardest part was to get proper references for textures. Use the pictures in the jpgs as references for assembly.

The only instructions I can give are. Print the images on 8.5"x11" thin card (40lb stock or so). Cut out the parts and glue tabs to hold parts together. Learn how to paper model at http://www.cardmodels.net.

The next one I build will be a Cutlass.

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=-8761381666893704227&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=OEDr42Jt2PYwv8Nz8LK0

2.jpg?partExt=.jpg&outquality=56&rand=-2886101586578034726&ext=.jpg&limitsize=600,800&inviteToken=OEur4MJn2PYVL8Jz8apx

edit: Build update. To give a sense scale the green grid is a cutting mat in 1/4" grids and the coin in front is a penny.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stevo

• fastbird232

• 19Cutlass94

• Dirty Rockstar

To me it kinda looks like a 1st gen Cavalier :mrgreen: but the rear angle looks more accurate.

STill really nice though! I can't wait to try that myself. :)

Usually I do a vanilla build and create test builds but today I was bored and the other works I am building I wanted to take abreak from. I wanted to keep all this quiet but what the hell. Other projects of Wbody nature will be a 1/3 scale model of an LQ1 longblock right to the end of the exaust manifold.

Guys build this and let me know how it went together. I may recreate a better version or perhaps make it VERY cartoon like ...

BADASS_BOSS.jpg

example.

Ok folks... I have made some fixes to the Z34 and I will be releasing alternate color schemes as well.

Again... next car will be the Cutlass Supreme.

Black and White are up.

I highly suggest printing card models at Staples or Office Depot. Business card stock is a good medium to print on. The cost for me on 100lb stock with a color laser is 75 cents a sheet.

If you like Nascar. Here are some great paper models on that subject as well. Check out their forum too.

http://www.extazaweb.sk/nascarpapermodels/

One of their members made this and like me is offering it to his community.

ASTON_FINAL.jpg