My official project thread. *8/6/06 TEASER PIC!!

z34_nut

Shipping from summit sucks... I havn't gotton my gauges yet (Geeze Jay!!) and my go fast parts are currently on hold.

Summit always gets shit here very quickly....but then again, I think there is a shipping center in OH....

I started to post the same thing as you Jeremy, but remembered that's because it comes from their dist. point in OH, and it's only 1 day ground shipping to MI.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• z34_nut

• slick

• Euro

• runt

Top Posters In This Topic

and it a FINE paint job too ... I love that CAR :exclaim:

Wow, its been a while since you been on this site! Sheesh!

Anyway, I just baught these wheels!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=260005736249&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Just in time for the car show!

Expect it to look similar to this:

render.jpg

yeah all the stuff I wanted to do cost too much ... so I took a break .... still ain't go no money but can't hurt to look :mrgreen:

nice looking wheels ... :cool:

Have you tried fitting the wheels up yet? I'm curious to see how well the 12mm offset fits? What size tires you gonna run? With the offest that far out, you could probably run a quite wide wire....255 atleast I would think.

I already running a 255/45/17...

So in other words, these tires are still good and will go on the new wheels (assuming the offset isn't too drastic)

If the wheel offset isn't acceptable, I sell them locally... HUGE market for these...

ok, so the mustang hub and bolt pattern match perfectly.

How-ever, as most predictions say, the wheels offset is too much (+12mm to the factory 8" of 25mm).

I put the wheel on the front pass. side of the car, to see just how much it sticks out... Its not horrible, its not great...but its not good either. Its to much for me. So I'm prolly going to machine the mounting surface down about 1/2 inch on all four wheels (Ahh the joys of working a a CNC machine shop with giant lathes and chucks).

Making some measurements, I do have enough meterial there to turn. I want to veer away from this how-ever, as I could never turn around and sell them if the time comes.... I need to figure some-thing out here that will work. the 255's I have on my 7" wheel are to big for that wheel, and would alot more natural on the new 8" wheel.

I will make these wheels work... They look AMAZING... I just need a little time here... I've had people say mount them they way they are, but I don't want to do that... No Mickey mouse stuff here.

...Accually I'm going to see how it is in the rear.... mabey I can modify the front hub in order to set the wheels in more...

My prediction is the rear fits perfect, and only the front sticks out.

gauges are ordered! all i am waiting for is them to come in and ship them, one of them wqas out of stock so motorstate who we buy through had to order a new pallet of them from autometer, they should be here in a few days, then off to cali!

gauges are ordered! all i am waiting for is them to come in and ship them, one of them wqas out of stock so motorstate who we buy through had to order a new pallet of them from autometer, they should be here in a few days, then off to cali!

Awsome... PM me when you get the chance, then I'll paypal the money instantly... Thanks Jay!

That is so the type of wheel I want to bolt onto the Prix. Nice choice and I hope they turn out good!

On a 2nd, or 3rd gen, These wheels would stick out like an old SOB...

I mean, they stick out considerably on my car, and machining them would take away alot of meterial, but enough would be left.

On a 2nd or 3rd gen where a much larger "+" offest would be required. That would require a new casting...or if your gutsy, TIG weld the bolt holes, machine the offest down, then counterbore and champher the hole... Seems like alot of work to me...

Hell I would buy the raw casting, machine the surface (If you look it is VERY simple) and set your own offset via CNC. drill your holes, and presto, a custom wheel that no-one has.

Did you get any pictures of how bad they stick out?

And I can't believe someone with your taste would ever not want to have their wheels sticking out like some of them nasty old F-Body cars :rolleyes: :lol:

Oh, I could do that if I wanted to. I also work in a machine shop (Tool & Die, with some hard milling machines) so it's not like it couldn't happen, just time and money. I wish you luck dude!

#1. I'm having second thoughts about the burger panel

#2. I'm thinking about mounting the wheels an tires, put them on the car, and try and gauge just how bad it is....

do the berger panel!!! it'll look nice although... food for thought

since the camaro ones aren't as rectangular as ours are, i would P/S the center reverse bar painted black along with the panel you were already gonna paint

You may as well mount them, you already have the tires, so you can't do much harm there. The wheels are already there and bought so I don't really think returning them is an option either.....not much to lose..

God damn, why do the front hubs HAVE to stick out further then the rear..man, the rear is perfect

Maybe its a sign you should have made a RWD setup so you could have meats in the back and skinnies up front :wink: :willynilly: :lol: