• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• supreme_style21

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• jeremy

• White93z34

Yeah it doesn't look so horrible, but all the stuff adds up.. the B4U, a hood, windshield, door, fender, bumper, and all the internals that go with that, plus the rear quarter is scraped up, so they want to refinish all that when they paint the rest of it, the rad support is bent, so it just added up really fast.. in all reality it is 11 years old and pushing 120k... even if it was 3k in damages, it'd still be totaled.

Yeah it doesn't look so horrible, but all the stuff adds up.. the B4U, a hood, windshield, door, fender, bumper, and all the internals that go with that, plus the rear quarter is scraped up, so they want to refinish all that when they paint the rest of it, the rad support is bent, so it just added up really fast.. in all reality it is 11 years old and pushing 120k... even if it was 3k in damages, it'd still be totaled.

I totally understand that but when you said he stopped at $7k I was expecting it to be horrible....

is your neck feeling any better?

I totally understand that but when you said he stopped at $7k I was expecting it to be horrible....

is your neck feeling any better?

Yeah it is. I wasn't expecting to see a bill that high either, but when I started browsing through the estimate, I quickly saw all the shit they had to fix. I MIGHT buy it back and stick it in the garage and fix it when I have time.. I dunno yet.

But for all the money you'd spend fixing it, you'd be further ahead just buying another '95 Grand Prix (if that's what you'd really want).

Yeah my plan is to buy a new car.. and just tinker on the wrecked one when I have time/money.

I've got a local guy VERY interested in the car if you decide you want to buy it back, let me know. Glad you're feeling better, too bad you can't keep the Z34, thought you might after totalling out the GP.

I've got a local guy VERY interested in the car if you decide you want to buy it back, let me know. Glad you're feeling better, too bad you can't keep the Z34, thought you might after totalling out the GP.

Just got off the phone with the insurance company.. they valued it at $4200 and buyback is 650 if he's still interested.. I have about a week to let the insurance guy know for sure. The HUD won't be with the car at this point though.

they valued it at $4200? Holy damn! I should put full coverage on my car and go deer hunting :lol:

You should buy the car back.. there are lots of good parts on it if you decide to fix it or part it out. Did it actually break the B4U piece on the door and 1/4, or did they just pop off? I know the front fender one is probably toast...

they valued it at $4200? Holy damn! I should put full coverage on my car and go deer hunting :lol:

You should buy the car back.. there are lots of good parts on it if you decide to fix it or part it out. Did it actually break the B4U piece on the door and 1/4, or did they just pop off? I know the front fender one is probably toast...

Wow, if your SE was worth $4200, wonder how much my fully-covered GTP is worth?

Yeah, for that price, you should buy it back and tinker with it. You could always part it out later for at least that much, I'm sure.

I nearly creamed a deer early this morning. They have all this forest land to run around in and they decide to stand in the middle of a two-lane blacktop.

Hope you're okay. Sorry about your ride. Take the money and run!

The B4U on the rear quarter is fine, just needs clips, the one on the door I think is fine, I haven't looked at it too closely. The rest are in a million pieces. The adjuster rated it as an above average car and said that it looked to be a showroom car before this happened.

EASY TO FIX FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

see mine? I bought my car for $175 and it was much much worse then yours!!!!!!!!

DSC01179.jpg

This is, singlehandedly, the most bastardized car I've ever seen. :lol: Congratulations, Ken. :thumbsup:

Of course i never cared to paint it.... not with 215,000 miles. and counting...........

DIY! get the parts from a yard and rebuild it. I will hunt you down if you don't!!!! j/k

I hope you get it fixed!

Its easily fixable yeah... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it. If someone wants to buy it for the buy-back value and fix it, I am welcome to that, cause I don't have the financial means to do it right now.. I'm trying to buy a house, so the less 'shit' I have laying around, the better. If nobody wants it, I KNOW I can't let it go to the yard, so I'll end up hanging onto it with the motive to eventually fix it..... but in reality, I'll end up having it hauled off to the junkyard 6 years from now when my wife threatens divorce.

If you lived close I'd buy it from you in a heatbeat (especially if it was a GTP..) oh well. I'm sure you'll find a home for her.

Actually I think I might be keeping it. I stopped by a dealership this morning and the guy told me someone had just traded in a '96 GP B4U with 70k on it! I figured I'd never even find another one with low miles, but it just showed up. The owner had taken it home to get his stuff out of it and it will be back Monday, so I'm gonna go look at it then. Then I'll just keep my '95 for parts... I've got so many new things into it, so I'll just rape it of its parts.