Help me make this work

backyardpb

Guest TurboSedan

i used to have Autometer mechanical boost and narrow band A/F gauges. i wasn't happy with the boost gauge at all and won't be buying another one. i'm planning on Autometer electronic boost gauge next time along with Innovate Motorsports wideband O2.

i'm using the TurboXS RFL and i'm really happy with it but i know some people don't like that brand. i used to use the 1g DSM BOV (on my Lebaron GTS) but i found it to be annoying. the RFL might be a bit too loud for your taste:

drive by:

http://www.turbosedan.com/vids/MOV02355.MPG

in car looking at A/F gauge:

http://www.turbosedan.com/vids/MOV02357.MPG

i'm very happy with the Magnecor wires. they fit perfectly. i got mine from Ultrarev.com for about $75. i'm planning on doing 2-stage boost control using directions from this site

Josh - where can you pick up those solenoids? I'm looking to get two of them.. or 1 if they're available as a three way solenoid, but I doubt it.

my plan is I have three settings. Traction/Winter, Stock (well TG160 stock anyway) and Performance, if you will.

I have this switch in mind ;)

Guest TurboSedan

Josh - where can you pick up those solenoids? I'm looking to get two of them.. or 1 if they're available as a three way solenoid, but I doubt it.

my plan is I have three settings. Traction/Winter, Stock (well TG160 stock anyway) and Performance, if you will.

I have this switch in mind ;)

look for '89-'92 FWD Chrysler in the j/y. those years should have solenoids with GM weatherpack connectors. just get the wastegate solenoid from a turbo car or the EGR solenoid from a TBI car (on the passenger side fender underhood). you could probably also just get new ones from the Chrysler dealership but i haven't checked on availability. if you want three boost settings then use two solenoids. i'd like to have low boost (probably 7psi) and then switch to higher boost (12psi) using a small toggle switch mounted on the front side of my shifter handle....i'd probably switch to 12psi somewhere in 2nd gear depending on traction. i haven't really looked into mounting the switch yet though.

• 3 weeks later...

Long time since I posted, but I have an upate and some more issues. I did obtain my TGP memcal, I installed it, started the beretta it idles and runs terrific. today I finally got my suspension back together and lowered it off jack stands for the first time in months. the revlimiter kicks in at 3500rpms in every gear, bummer :frown: It runs a little weird to but Ill figure that out.

The only DTC im getting is a 33 for map pressure to high I belive, I do have the map from the tgp on the beretta. The map sensor also displays on the tech1 scan tool. bad sensor maby?

Aso for things I bought for the turbo

dual stage boost controller from turbosmart

hks ssqv blow off valve.

autometer mechanical boost guage

thanks guys