wiring it tweeters and front speakers, wire length feedback

Crazy K

this is for a 94 CS. I have a set of 6.5 rounds and matched tweeters.

on the 94 CS, the factory speakers mount in the dash. I am going to fab up mounts to stick the tweeters where the dash speakers were, and mount the 6.5 in brakets were the normal door speakers would be.

the question is.. the tweeters will have about 2.5 feet of wire feeding them, and about 5 to each door speaker.

is it a bad idea to tap the tweeters into the door speaker wiring(add a diverging wire to go to the tweeters,

or should I use seperate wires that meet at the radio rear?

the speakers are the factory OEM speakers for old 88/98 concert surround II. and for my application will be satisfactory.

info on cross-overs is welcome too.

thank you.

i'm going to throw my recommendation of getting rid of the bose system out there again. btw, did you figure out why it sounded so bad?

anyhow, i don't think it would be a bad idea to add a set of aftermarket crossovers. i got a set of infinity crossovers for 9 bucks shipped off ebay, brand new.

the front speakers run off the same channel anyways, so why not just put a crossover in and run the doors and tweeters fromthere?

If it helps any, the stock tweeters that I yanked from my Regal were wired in parallel to the woofers (running off of the same speaker lead from the HU.) Also the tweeters had a choke-coil wired inline with the positive lead. I'd imagine you could eschew a crossover if you wired in a choke coil (Crutchfield sells them - they're called "bass blockers.")