Inerior swap pics (56K, hey I got 56K)

Jcrow

Going from a ratty blue interior to grey interior, column shift to floor shift. Had to drill a hole in the firewall for the new shift cable.

Red car is the donor car

100_0853.jpg

100_0852.jpg

here I have the new dash, steering column, and floor shifter in

100_0856.jpg

here the new rear shelf is in minus 3rd brake cover.

100_0857.jpg

Wow, I like that rear dash pad (pr w/e the fuck it's called).I like the compartment in the middle and the rear vents by the rear windshield. If that 3rd brakelight wasn't on the bottom of the rear windshield that would look nice in my lumina

I know the girl that used to own the red car and told her when you get rid of that car let me know (the interior really is in awsome condition) Well about a month later the alternator died and she was sick of it so i got the whole car for $100. Why how much was your interior?

The dash is a bit of work. Pop the top (there are screws in the defroster duct) take out the radio and cluster and heater control. Drop the steering column and there are 2 hidden screws above it. unbolt the foot lights and all the wires come out in one bundle. There are also a bunch of screws holding to the air ducts.

I paid 100 bucks for a 95 CS 4 door one with leather from a j/y, but the guy at the j/y was laughing at me thinking i was wasting my money! I was a regular and since then I actually worked there some. I knew how to start pass key, without the key!

I'm being nickle and dimed to death for the parts for a vert interior swap, since I have not found a complete car to strip.

If i go to indy while on my unemployment hiatus they did have a black cloth 93 CS 2 door that I'd like to strip while in town... but much of the convertable's parts will simply have to be reupholtered, since they are convertable only. even then, I should say... the convertable only parts are the trim around the interior of the windshild and the 'tubs' on both sides of the rear seat, and they are already vinyl wrapped, and it appears factory.

Are you going to put your old interior into the new car and make a daily driver out of it, or sell it?

Welding the top side was easy, upside down welding sucks. Also some spots didnt have anything to weld to. So I welded in a full length angle iron on both sides. Then welded the rockers to the angle iron.

Its not that bad, just time consuming. You take the new piece, line it up to the car, cut out the old metal leaving a half inch or so to overlap. I have some vise grips that make a seam out of the old metal

http://www.eastwoodco.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=1658&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=516&iSubCat=521&iProductID=1658

Then the metal pieces fit on the same level with no height change between the two pieces

ehh not a fan of the wood.

however, i believe i saw an armrest top in the color that you needed when I was at my u-pull it last weekend. i might go again in two weeks, do you want me to snag it for you? let me know

If he dont want it, I'll take it, so long as it came from a car with a factory cup holder.

That's gonna look much better. I dunno how you put up with the old interior...especially since your car is so nice on the outside now.