Battery draining overnight *Updated! 1.81A Draw!! WTF?!??*

92LuminaRS

Ok.... So I worked on the electrical problem today.... This is where the wierdness starts.

I get my girlfriend to monitor the multimeter, and I start to go at it with fuse pulling. The first fuse I pulled was the 15A courtesy (mind you this had no effect last time), and the current draw instantly went down to .02A. I was like WTFBBQ! Re-connected the fuse and it stood at .02A untill I opened the door, and the amperage jumped up to 3A, closed the door and it jumped up to 4.5A and than leveled off at 1.71A (when the dashboard lights shut off). I was like ok, that's interesting. Pulled the 15A fuse and nothing. Re-inserted the 15A fuse and the amperage dropped down to .02A.

Now I'm starting to loose it! I pull out my wiring diagram and look it over. I start disconnecting EVERYTHING on that 15A circuit. I pull the trunk light, the dome light, disconnect the mirror, take out the ashtray and pull the headlight switch and check the current with the fuse in. 1.71A STILL!!!! I pull the fuse; nothing. Re-insert the fuse; goes down to .02A..

Right at this moment I'm doing this: :bash:

I explained to my girlfriend with lots of colorful language how my car was about 30 seconds away from D'nIAF... I was looking for a can of gas... :devil:

I get pissed off (by this time I'm seriously considering flipping the car on it's roof and burning it right there in the driveway), and reconnect everything in the car.

".04A" my girlfriend tells me.... Hmmmm... This is interesting I thought to myself. Pulled the fuse, back down to .02A, reinserted the fuse, back ot .04A... Open the doors, shut the doors.... Re-connected the battery started the car, disconnected the battery checked the current.... Still .04A holding steady.

Apparently whatever the problem was ran away screaming... I think my car was posessed but the mighty power of it facing it's reality of D'nIAF scared it straight. So right now it's fine, I'm going to leave it alone for two days and check it again and see if the battery is dead.... I SWARE TO GOD if it's dead I'm going to loose it! :willynilly:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 92LuminaRS

• DaveFromColorado

• CowboyBilly9Mile

• GP1138

I've noticed that my Regal has a light on the keyhole on the door that is tied into a timer and from the sound of things a relay. I do wonder if you have this feature and if so, your relay has pitted contacts that sometimes stick.