Been getting TONS of compliments for the STE lately!!!

dbtk2

OK, so heres the story. I go to a college that has a very well known Automotive program. They do have regular buisness classes and whatnot, but their main program is Automotive. I'm taking Automotive & High Performance, and most of the people that live in this town attend my school. I've been driving my Trans Am around since August when I started there and nobody ever thought anything about it, never got a compliment or anything. (although its a POS so I can understand)

However, I've been driving the STE down here for the last 2 weeks. It seems like everywhere I go there is someone that goes to my school telling me its badass or something to that effect. I was going to work yesterday and pulled out in front of a Grand Am, they moved over in the other lane thinking I wasn't going to get out of the way quick enough and I went WOT and they never even came close. At the next stoplight I get the signal from them to roll the window down after seeing the passenger look at the turbo badge and point it out to the drive, and they tell me its sweet and that it seemed to run very well and whatnot, we chatted for a minute and then went on our way.

I take it into class to do some alternator and battery tests (why do it on a training aid when I can do it on my own even though my alt and battery are fine) and like everyone that walks past it goes "WTF?", and looks under the hood and asks all kinds of questions and then compliment it. I can't believe how much respect a car like this gets from people in a High Performance program, I would think that only things like Mustangs and F-bodys and stuff would get this kind of attention.

These compliments for my 16 year old w-body are just new to me and its just weird. Thought I'd just tell everyone about this to know that we still do get respect! Everyone does agree with me that the car would be a lot more fun to drive around with a 5 speed though.

In the whole time I've owned the car I've never got one compliment before I brought it down here, its just really new to me.

Shawn

Everyone says my car is a big old sports car, pretty, hot, or sexy, When i popped the hood in auto everyones like Turbocharged and intercooled! wow! Lol like theve never seen a turbocharger before

How about you post up some engine bay shots Shawn, so we can see what they are complimenting about, I don't think I've ever seen the 3x00 setup you've got going there.

However, unless you can find a way to actually have traction, having a 5spd won't really be funer to drive, but more of a hassle :wink: But either way, I'm sure it will be a nice cruiser for ya, and hey, you can even carry 4 people around no problem, and even get the groceries, the future wifey will like that :lol: ...until you get on it with the kids in the car and get all sorts of :shock: from the kids but a :bash: from the wife :lol: I'm just play, it is a sweet cruiser indeed, I would definitely check it out :)

Nice. I want a ride in it now that it is running shawn. I got that same reaction when i took the lumina to the track. After i ran, everyone came in the pit area and started looking at it and asking me questions. And this is when there are a ton other f bodies, mustangs and imports right next to me. They love it. Its pretty cool, especially when all my friends there saw everyone come around. Its different.

Nick