Back end sliding out

Pabz

Crazy morning drive to work

Guy cut me off, so i hit the brakes, then he takes up two lanes so i cant pass, I nailed the gas anyways to pass him, I started passing him as we went around a slight left turn, I was on the right, him on the left. My back end wips out to the right, and i start sliding in front of him. Holy shit, thank god no oncomming traffic. I proceed to hit the High curb straight on and hit the lamp post. I thought my front end would have been smashed in by the post, got out and it was fine! Front bumper hit right in the middle so the paint chipped off but no cracks or damage to the bumper, just the paint.

Anyways, back to the reason for this post. For a while now I am always worried about the back end wipping out like this. This is not the first time is slipped out from under me, and i dont feel confident. Will the RSTB prevent this?? Will the addco rear sway bar fix this?

I have birchmount rear spring w/ monroes, and intrax in the front w/ KYB's.

Will the RSTB prevent this?? Will the addco rear sway bar fix this?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think usually they contribute to the problem. The only real solution I see is stickier tires.

Guest TurboSedan

i don't have a rear STB or sway bar on my Cutlass, but for the short time i did have the Addco bar on that car it really increased oversteer. it was much easier to make the rear end slide out with the Addco installed.

Wider rear tires with a softer rubber compound will help immensely.

Addco will have the opposite effect, it will make it easier to slide the rear end out. Kind of sounds like your Birchmount spring may be too stiff as well.