cmo1234

Weird... I was driving like 55mph and when coasting to a stop I decided to shift into Neutral (which i dont usually do) before stopping (90Lumina 3spd Auto no OD). I noticed that the rev's only dropped ever so slightly and then only countinued dropping as the car slowed like it hadnt fully disengaged. The rev's didnt drop to idle like i expected and i could tap the gas and the car surges just a little (not as much as it would in D but still accelerates again). Car downshifts fine while still in D though.

I just noticed this recently, not sure if it has been there before (like right after it was fixed) but just wanted some input on maybe why???

Transmission work done so far:

@105K miles - Lock up torque converter not unlocking causing stalling, repaired/replaced

@130Kmiles - Whole tranny needed rebuild

Currently 152K miles, hope its not the lock up t/c again. :x

No the car stays at about 2200-2400rpm when i shift to N at speed and then slowly drops as the car slows. Ive tried it in my mom's Sonoma and bro's Malibu and they both drop to about 1000 and then you can shift back into gear pretty smooth even at speed.

My car does rev freely after ive come to a stop though and idles at about 900 in N. I'm gonna try this again right before the torque converter kicks in to see if it does it then. Other than that the car shifts fine (no slippin or anything/good fluid) so I'm not going to mess with it, just thought it was odd and wanted to see if anyone else might have same issue.

Thanks