Fog Lights ***UPDATE: Lights installed pics pg.2***

1990lumina

Okay, I've decided to buy some fogs - the problem is I am not buying them just for looks, I want them to be actually functional and help me see in heavy fog conditions.

In the following link, will any of these fog lights work with my Lumina? I will be installing them in the cut outs in my bumper.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortments/browse_product.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1408474396669585&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474396670271&bmUID=1136591883486&FOLDER<>browsePath=2534374303517494&FOLDER<>browsePath=2534374303517541&FOLDER<>browsePath=1408474396669585

If that link doesn't work. Ont he homepage click automotive, enter my pstal code if you want: S7J 5G5, then on the left menu find the auto lighting and electrical sub menu....then click on the flog light link on the left top corner in gray...

Another store I will buy from is called Princess Auto, however they have a website, but the catalogue is just a .pdf for the weekly catalogue.

http://www.princessauto.com

I refuse to buy from any special vehicle modifyer place because if you think the prices on the websites I listes are expensive, you don't know how much more these other guys charge :shock:

For refernce the front end of my car looks like this (and the holes on each side of the air damn is where I wanna install the lights):

http://photobucket.com/albums/v664/1990lumina/Lumina3/IM000374.jpg

I'm interested to see other pictures of Luminas with fog lights in the location I want to install mine, however keep in mind I want mine to be functional as well as look half ass.

Those "Pilot Oval" fog lights I think would look cool, but I still want them to work good.

And is there a difference between colors of light?? Or has that theory that yeloow is better been proved wrong?

Thanks guys :D

I installed Pilot brand foglights on my Lumina, and they not only blend in well with the bumper, but they actually work well too! :)

I'll get a model number up as soon as I can, but in general, they are the remote controlled "HID look" lights, with a rectangular lens and housing.

Here's a pic: (left large for detail)

newlights.jpg

I installed Pilot brand foglights on my Lumina, and they not only blend in well with the bumper, but they actually work well too! :)

I'll get a model number up as soon as I can, but in general, they are the remote controlled "HID look" lights, with a rectangular lens and housing.

Here's a pic: (left large for detail)

newlights.jpg

sorry to hijack...but when you installed these fogs...did you ahve enough wire?? i bought these same ones and the wires weren't long enough to go into the interior...i had to "make" my own wires to fit, or splice them to the parking lights wire...

Well, I honestly can't answer that question with respect to the parking light switch. Since I got the remote controlled model, I only had to run wires from the battery down to the lights. But, had I wanted to splice into the parking light switch, it seemed the wire length would have been enough.

I went ahead of bought some that are very similar to the ones pictured above. I hope to get them installed by tomorrow night when I'll take some pictures.

Thanks for the help :D

I have been wantin to do the same thing to my 91 Euro. i can not see shit at night so it would help to have the extra light :) :bash: those really do look sick, i was gonna get silvania but F those. These are the hot ones, got a part number yet?

I see one 90-94 lumina at work with the fog lights, They look great from head on, but I can't stand how far forward they are. They are mounted too far forward IMO. If they were mounted far enough back to not be visable from the sides, that would look great.

IMO, make them slightly recessed, and they would look awesome.

Whether you see them much or not from the side depends mostly on how far back you mount them on the front bumper. Mine are mounted as far back as I can push them, and I can barely see them from the side.

Keep in mind though, the air dam in cut diagonally in that area, so the overhang on the dam is much more than the bottom side of it. Thus, the lights will stick out to some degree, no matter what you do.

Also, I found the part number for my fog lights. See the link below:

http://www.pilotautomotive.com/pilot2eg.htm

I know that they are also restricted as to how far back they go due to the bumper core support.... I was thinking that you could male a plate that would mount to the core supposrt, and extend rearward, and you could mount the lights further back that way.

Then again, a nice set of foglights are worth nothing to me on a car that has seven differnt body colors. The only time I've ever wanted them badly enough was when I'm driving through sleet storms in the dark.

On a side note... I have outrageous night vision..... my pupils fully dilate to at least a 9mm opening. yikes! I have to dim my instruments as low as they go to be comfortable for me. (I have even dimmed the high beam indicator on all my cars as they hurt my eyes when I use them!) I now have three HUDs to install And I wonder if they will bother me the same way?

They have dimmers as wellthough.

I think you have vision like me lol....but does it fuckin kill when passing by on coming vehicles??

dimmers? with reference to the high beam indicator? I have just opened up the cluster and subsituted a colored bulb for the light (used red or blue, and just rubbed some color off the tip until it looked right) or in the 94 CS which used a microbulb, I 'tinted' the blue indicator plastic with a pencil.

Yeah it kills when oncoming traffic goes by. Especially when they don't know how to lower their highbeams.... Or have misaligned lights. My dad can barely drive in the dark :shock:

No I meant the HUD ;)...

Yeah sometimes those lights oncoming get pretty bright to the point where my eyes start to water.....nothing is worse than an SUV tailing you though....3 mirrors reflecting bright light....blah!

No I meant the HUD ;)...

Yeah sometimes those lights oncoming get pretty bright to the point where my eyes start to water.....nothing is worse than an SUV tailing you though....3 mirrors reflecting bright light....blah!

HUD in the lumina? pics????? Did you hook up the dimmer switch that goes with the HUD?

And i agree on the damn SUV. Thats when I metal my pedal.(why doesn't anyone say this?) and dust them.

Master of off-topic, I am.... LOL

No I meant the HUD ;)...

HUD in the lumina? pics????? Did you hook up the dimmer switch that goes with the HUD?

And i agree on the damn SUV. Thats when I metal my pedal.(why doesn't anyone say this?) and dust them.

Master of off-topic, I am.... LOL

No man, I thought you said you have 3 HUD units, and you wondered how they would be on your eyes...I was just saying I thought the HUD as a dimmer as well...

I wish my Lumina had one lol..that would be awesome, but it doesn't lol....it does some from fog lights now though :D...just gotta align them proerply and take a couple pics...they make the car look alot better :D

sorry to misunderstand you. They do have dimmers. I picked up three HUDs at junkyards recently and plan to install them all. Notice I am a fleet operator! j/k

None of my cars have a hud yet.

hmmm hooked em up to the battery with the remote controlled ones?? never thought of that :D

Yep! All you have to do is hook one line up to the battery terminal, ground the other wire, and plug the ends into the backs of the fog light housings. I'll try and get a pic up for you as well.

Well shit I still don't have pics for you uys (me = lazy ass)...tomorrow for sure.

As for where I put my switch, it is mounted right above the trunk release button on that panel. I cut a recantangle hole in the panel just perfect and the switch is nice and tight in there...

I got the lights half ass aligned...gotta find a better spot.....note to self: don't stare at lights while adjusting the alignment....felt like I had welder's flash for a bit after....anyway, the lights make the ar look a lot better. For everyone would made fun of me for not doing it, thanks, I appeceiate it because I know how much better it looks - at night anyways

UPDATE - PICS!!!

Okay okay, the car is dirty as hell, but what do you want from me lol, it keeps warming up and cooling down here so there's no point for me to wash it.

I am an idiot and can't point my camera straight on at the car, so it may appear the lights are centered, but they are.

I also tried to take a couple side profile shots to show that the lights barely stick out at all, if any.

And there are two pictures of where I mounted my switch as well...one in the off position and the other in the on position.

Pics!-

Dscn0848.jpg

Dscn0850.jpg

Dscn0851.jpg

Dscn0852.jpg

Dscn0854.jpg

Dscn0855.jpg

Dscn0856.jpg

Dscn0857.jpg

Oh, the lights are Blazer Ultra White Series model: UW8086

I found the wiring kit wasn't long enough to reach, so I just spliced some wire into it...no problems thus far, and I don't expect any to come up in the future either.

Nice! and they are properly recessed!

But I gotta make fun of the engine heater cord!

p.s. I would have looked for a factory type foglight switch personally! But nice job!