The Obscure Facts About The Grand Prix Thread

fastbird232

Guest Anonymous
Hey, Ross, does my car have the Y99 rally suspension? My RPE sticker got painted over by some backwoods jackass before we got it.

RPO sticker, right? :lol:

If its the 3.4, it should have Y99. My car does. Does yours have the 2nd gear start? I've got it, but i'm not sure if that was extra when the lady ordered the car.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fastbird232

• EviLette

• Prospeeder

• digitaloutsider

Yeah, RPO. YOU'RE the one with the RPE sticker! Yeah, I've got Second Gear Start, but it's useless. I think there was another thread about the prevalence of this option, but I can't remember if it was standard on GTPs/3.4-equipped cars or not.

Guest Anonymous

Not that I know of. I, myself would like one. Mine exists and is intact, but its not in great shape. You can still read everything on it, though.

I've never used my second gear start. My order sheet thingy lists the 2nd gear start under option group R6C which was a $3,000 upgrade. it gained the 3.4, leather trim, buckets, full gauges, and about 10 or so more goodies. the HUD, DIC, and RPE options are listed individually and are not part of a group. Nowadays, they have that 'infotech' package that includes all the electronics.

But to what CBAD wrote, its odd how the SE changed. it started out as the upscale, loaded model, and became the most decrepid of models in later years.

Hey Ross, do you happen to have a list of your RPOs and their definitions handy? I'm guessing ours would be similar when it comes to most features (I don't know how much stuff changed from the pre-'94s to the post-'94s). I mean, things like leather, suspension, GTP trim, the 3.4, that sort of stuff.

so ross is saying that there were no 94+ SE's(as in those special editions in the link above?) without louvers

if thats his statement...there were 94+ SE's without louvers

He's saying there were no '94+ 3.4L SEs without louvers. Obviously, louvers would have automatically made it a GTP, but Ross doesn't think you could order a '94, '95, or '96 Grand Prix SE with a DOHC and still have it remain an SE.

I told him I saw such a car (albeit a Special Edition) with "24 VALVE V6" badges and NO louvers just the other day, but I haven't seen it since.

Guest Anonymous

Actually the interesting thing i noticed....

All the married women/mothers in my neighborhood upstate all have the nicest cars. The guys drive econoboxes and such, but:

My next door neighbor has a drop-top 5-speed stang, my mom has the 87 T/A, two other women have newer mustang gt's, a lady down the street has an old GTO, some woman up the block has a vette, another lady has a new GTP, and thier husbands drive things like corollas and civics.

A middle-aged secretary who works at the Student Service Center drives a MINT '00 GTP. This lady looks like she couldn't give a rat's ass if it was a Yugo. I wonder if people like that even notice they have a supercharger.