The Obscure Facts About The Grand Prix Thread

fastbird232

Actually, there's a pretty good one going on in the "Major 1996 GTP Problem" thread, but I thought since we pretty much hijacked the shit out of that one, we could start putting a few things in here.

I would have called this the "Obscure Facts About W-Bodies Thread," but...I don't really care about the rest of them. :roll:

My obscure fact: you could order an SE with the 3.4.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fastbird232

• EviLette

• Prospeeder

• AWeb80

Actually, there's a pretty good one going on in the "Major 1996 GTP Problem" thread, but I thought since we pretty much hijacked the shit out of that one, we could start putting a few things in here.

I would have called this the "Obscure Facts About W-Bodies Thread," but...I don't really care about the rest of them. :roll:

My obscure fact: you could order an SE with the 3.4.

Saw one of them in a junkyard... It was a 4 door SE with Zero Options... it was ODD

Guest Anonymous

I'm still contesting.

You must specify 91-3 and 94-6 cars. Becuase, 91-3 SE's were available with the 3.4 (My car is proof of that) However, i do not beleive 94-6 SE's were available with a 3.4.

I'm still contesting.

You must specify 91-3 and 94-6 cars. Becuase, 91-3 SE's were available with the 3.4 (My car is proof of that) However, i do not beleive 94-6 SE's were available with a 3.4.

Back then, couldn't you almost add/delete close-to-individual options?

What else is weird is the 04+s GP GT/GTPs I have yet to see one with HUD, but they do supposidly still have that as an option :shrug:

we have a Fully loaded GTP Comp G, white, chrome wheels, black leather interior,HUD, tap shift, the works, its NICE, but a 35 thousand dollar price tag, wow! (at our dealer of course) Nice car for sure, some have HUD, but some dont

lets see...

there was the 1992 GP SE sedan shaun and i saw at a georgia wrecking yard that had the 3.4, and that was about it.

the fact that theres plenty of n/a 3.1 STEs running around is odd to me.

Ross, I'm gonna find that damn 3.4 Special Edition and take a picture of it for you. Those suckers do exist!

Like I said in there other thread, there's one of those here too, and it is not a GTP according to the owner(she purchased it brand new, so I would think she knows). I'll get a picture of it next time I see it(usually see it about once a week).

EDIT: Shaun, do you remember what section or when that BYP car was in? I remember seeing it posted, but couldn't find it when I searched.

91-93 GP GT 2-doors are rare. But there was one in a local yard to me that was fulyl loaded minus leather. Had all the options of a GTP, hud, dic ect. Not sure if it had a 3.1 or a 3.4, the motor was pulled.

I think Shawn(GnatGoSplat) posted that he believed all the 91-93 GT's were 3.1 cars. I've seen two of those GT's in person(both had HUD/DIC & gray leather quad buckets) with 3.1's in them.

91-93 GP GT 2-doors are rare. But there was one in a local yard to me that was fulyl loaded minus leather. Had all the options of a GTP, hud, dic ect. Not sure if it had a 3.1 or a 3.4, the motor was pulled.

there were no gp GT 2 doors

there were no gp GT 2 doors

91-93 GT = 2dr

94+ = 4dr

I can provide proof of the 91-93 cars if needed, but I don't really feel like digging through my old file backups.... :lol: