• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fastbird232

• EviLette

• Prospeeder

• digitaloutsider

91-93 GP GT 2-doors are rare. But there was one in a local yard to me that was fulyl loaded minus leather. Had all the options of a GTP, hud, dic ect. Not sure if it had a 3.1 or a 3.4, the motor was pulled.

there were no gp GT 2 doors

91-93 GT = 2dr

94+ = 4dr

I can provide proof of the 91-93 cars if needed, but I don't really feel like digging through my old file backups.... :lol:

What he said.

From the main page here....

"1991

LE and McLaren Turbo coupes dropped; GT coupe added which gets the previous McLaren Turbo coupe's ground-effects treatment. 3.4L DOHC V6 motor producing 210HP becomes available with a choice of manual/automatic transmission on the coupes, and automatic-only on the sedans. Quad4 is improved to 180HP. Grand Prix also loses the composite "aero" headlights and gets mini-quads and a new front fascia on the coupe."

"1994

A GT package is available on SE sedan, and includes 3.4-liter V6, alloys, low-profile tires, ABS, and sport suspension"

From the info on the main page, it states that GT coupes were options up until 1995, now I don't think THOSE supposed 94 GT coupes actually exist?

Guest Anonymous

The main page is slighly incorrenct.

In 91-3, there were SE, GT, and GTP coupes.

In 91-3, there were LE, SE, and STE sedans.

In 94-6, there were SE and GTP coupes

in 94-6, there were SE and GT sedans.

I had a 95 GT sedan (3.4L). I've seen a few GT coupes. i beleive that they came loaded like GTP's but had the 3.1 instead. Hence, no 91-3 GT coupes have louvres.

GTP= GT Package.

91 GT coupe= 91 coupe with the GT Package

In later years they had a "GT" sedan that had a 3.4 but I don't think had the louvers included (not saying they couldn't be bastardized on)

94-96 I'm not sure that any existed that weren't labeled as an SE. The GT package was added to the SE making it a GTP.

Guest Anonymous

GT sedans got the louvres. My car had them, every GT sedan i've seen has them.

the GT package does not equal a GTP. a GTP has the GTP package, its a separate thing. 91-3 coupes had an available "GT package" which made them the GT, GTP's had an available "GTP" package which made them the GTP.

in 94-6 sedans, SE's were available with the "GT package" which added the 3.4, louvres, and a few other things.

Guest Anonymous
So...what about a 91-3 SE coupe that's loaded? What's the difference between that and a loaded 91-3 GT coupe?

if the SE is loaded with a 3.1, its the same as a gt, but still an SE.

Jesus Christ, Pontiac...So if you wanted a fully loaded 3.1 coupe, you had your choice of your favorite letter combination? GT or SE? Do they still do this kind of thing today, where you can have two identical cars, but one's still labeled under the base trim designation, and one under the medium trim?

So if you wanted a fully loaded 3.1 coupe, you had your choice of your favorite letter combination? GT or SE?

Yup

Do they still do this kind of thing today, where you can have two identical cars, but one's still labeled under the base trim designation, and one under the medium trim?

the 97+ SE's came with an available 3800 S2 while the 97+ GT's only came with the 3800 S2...so pretty much the only difference was the badge and exterior styling...stupid i know. but the 97+ GTP's were the only ones to come supercharged thankfully...they did something right with the second gen

You're right ross, the GT package was not officially the GTP until 94.

hrmm...i wonder how there can be 1991-93 GTP's then? :skep: must be "unofficial" GTP's then..lol Pontiac, man oh man... :roll:

Guest Anonymous

They list the Richard Petty Edition as an option for the 2DR SE :willynilly:

The GT had more standard equipment over the SE, but it appears that the GT got the 3.4 as "standard" equipment :?: SE's could be had the same way but everything was at an added cost. It looks like you needed a GT to gain the GTP, so in effect, GTP's are GT's with the GTP package. Very, very strange.

im still confused...so a 91-3 GT is basically an SE???

yes, option wise

are there GT badging on the 2 doors? i know there is on the 4 doors

you can get GT's in both 2 and 4-doors

Guest Anonymous

no, a GT is not the same as an SE. SE's were the base models with the BYP and 3.1, but could come just about loaded, 3.4, B4U, hud, dic, leather, cd, 5 speed, etc, except it was all optional equipment. GT's came fully loaded as standard equipment, with the option of the GTP (louvres and badges).

Even though I've owned 2 1st gen w GPs, I could care less about the badging.. :lol:

I find it fucking weird that after stuffing the best engines into SEs (SE being TOP of the line in 1988) that it became bottom of the barrel, ugly people mover in 1997 (even though some had 3800s).

Sorry for the hijack..

No hijack, it's on topic.

Hey, Ross, does my car have the Y99 rally suspension? My RPE sticker got painted over by some backwoods jackass before we got it.

Hey, now that I think about it, why do some 97+ sedans have the grilles on the bottom of the fascia like my car does, and some have them between the headlights?