Guest fatguy

Guest fatguy

Well,

Since I finally got the TSTE up and running strong again, I am turning to some other projects I've always wanted to do.

I got my HUD from FedEx today and will be installing it sometime in the next couple of days (depending on school project schedule). I've already went through the wiring diagrams and have hopefully identified the wires I need to tap into to get this thing to work, but one question I've always wanted to know is:

What kind of wiring nightmare would it be to put in the digital dash out of my Cutty Int'l into my TSTE? I've always liked the looks of that dash and it would then match the DIS and HUD. This is only gonna happen if the cluster looks good mounted in :roll:

I think it would be cool, what do you all think?

Guest fatguy

okay,

I went through the cluster connector that Shawn has in the upgrades and am only having trouble with 2 wires for this project:

1) orange (461) wire [bi-directional serial data link between cluster and ecm

2) the GRY/WHT for the antilock brake indicator. I just don't know what wire that is on the TSTE cluster

does anyone have any ideas?

I have the list of wires I tapped into and where they went that I can post for you later. Just remember for the check gauges and low fuel light it is the small blue connector on the back of the cluster.

Greg

Guest fatguy

Greg

If you could email or post which wires you hooked up for:

VSS

Eng/metric

which of the wires on the blue plug is the SES and which is the low fuel? This would be greatly appreciated.

Dave,

I found your list and am using as a help checklist. Thanks

I'm not doing the dig cluster because of extreme time constraints and it would take tons of modification to the cluster and dash support to make it work.

Thank you all

Was intrigued with the rest of your site and car/GP. You have done a lot of nice work, beacha gets noticed 8)

I am interested in the rims, those look perfect for loading on some drag radials (and 15 inch allows more sizes than 16 inch). They not only look great BUT they look lighter, key importance for those wanting to go faster, finally seeing this revealed but only by those aftermarket rim companies that "HAVE" lighter rims, and brag with dyno hp gains with a few less pounds of rotational mass (fact!!). I am going to check on line at Discount Tire and the Tire Rack to see if these are still available and how much.

Thanks for the interesting web site and great info on the HUD!!

Jeff M

Glad it could help a few out there, The HUD is out of a 1991 4 door GP.

Jeff M,

Thanks for the complements!

I have always wanted an SE / TGP. I brought the base 89 new in 1990.(At that time I didn't have the $$ to afford a brand new SE, no less a TGP!!!!) So I researched the SE's and the TGP's RPO codes to determine what I needed as far as equpiment. I then hit the junkyards. I would love to find a TGP Engine/computer/wiring etc and swap it in. And hopefully one day be able to purchase either a real low mile TGP or a retired OFFICAL PACE CAR for show only.

The wheels I am using are Enkei RS6's... Enkei is the manufacturer of the GM factory wheels for the 1997-up GP's 5 spoke and twist spoke wheels (You can verify this by removing a wheel and look at the back of the spokes, one of them will have ENKEI on it.)

Guest fatguy

Thank you all,

I got it installed....and it finally works!!! I had some issues to deal with, but got them resolved (working on this at normal times would've helped a lot :wink: )

Dave, thank you for the list of wires, that made everything go easier.

Greg, thanks for the tidbit about the blue plug.

I'll get pics and info on my website when I get time.

THANKS AGAIN!!!