TGP acting strange (fixed!)

LukeZ34

Luke,

You could save yourself alot of hassle by purchasing an adjustable spark tester. This will tell you if you got a partly bad coil.... Or plug wire...

AutoZone will test ICM's for free.. It's just a bitch trying to get the ICM off the block. :cry:

Luke,

You could save yourself alot of hassle by purchasing an adjustable spark tester. This will tell you if you got a partly bad coil.... Or plug wire...

Huh, I've never heard of those before. I looked one up, and it look like it could be a useful tool to have around.

http://www.sjdiscounttools.com/the404.html

Thanks Dave!

It's Alive!

And it's also 1:45 in the morning... I just got done replacing all 3 coils with 3 spares I had in the garage (Delco's). I also replaced the plug wires with some extra Delco wires I had as well. The misfire problem is gone, and it purrs like a kitten!

I also pulled the IC out and performed the Condenser fin mod for the hell of it, and changed the oil (long overdue :( )

Thanks for everyones help!

I am also trying to replace my injectors on my car. I noticed someone saying that the L36 and the L27 use are rated at the same PSI. So heres my question,,

1) Is there a better year of a injector to use over the ones that come in the TGP. I have heard that the standard injectors arent very good quality.

2) Just for clarification, what are the motors to the diferent build codes mentioned?

L27 is ?

L36 is ?

3) Are there any others that will adapt well in the TGP besides the ones mentioned. I have heard something about using injectors out of a SC'ed Ford Thunderbird. but I dont know for sure.

I am just trying to find some temporary injectors (unless I can find some that I can put in permanetly) so I can get the car running again. Running extremely short on cash (to the point I just payed for gas using using 25 bucks in rolled pennies). So I am also wanting to do it affordably, without causing damage to the motor, as we all know how pricey motors are.. I just want this car running, I am haveing turbo withdrawls. Been 4 months since I drove it..

Any injector will physically fit if it's high resistance except the new multitech 3 I think(different connector) and the foreign side feed. Multitech 2 will fit by adding slots for the keeper to lower the injector further into the UIM. Ford are a drop in.

all the injectors on this page will fit. Best place to get them is ebay

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/tableifc.htm#BOSCH

Jud

So to add even more to this..

I drove the car to and from work, and all over town. It runs flawlessly, besides a phantom stalling which happens whenever there's a big power draw. But that's not a big concern to me, I'll fix it later..

I was headed down a 2 lane road today in town to pick up Jess from the university. This is an east-west road with one lane of traffic for each direction, but luckily it is plenty wide as there's parallel parking on each side. Since it snowed a couple of days ago, there's a nice little tire path down each side of the street, which leaves a big wide center lane, if you want to call it that.

Anyway..

Someone in my lane had stopped to make a left hand turn in to a business. She had about 3 or 4 cars behind her while she was waiting for traffic to clear so she could turn. Well I come to a stop behind a large truck, and out of natural habit, I look in my rear view mirror to make sure the driver behind me sees the abrupt stop in traffic. Sure enough, this guy isn't even paying attention. In a matter of about 3 seconds, I see that his little red Mazda isn't slowing down, but while I'm watching him through the mirror, I see him look up and get the 'OH SHIT' look on his face. It was at this moment, that I turned the wheel hard left, and gunned it to pull in to the empty, snowpacked center lane of the road to avoid getting hit by this guy. But just as I cleared the truck in front of me, and began moving, I hear him hit the rear of the TGP. Still moving, I roll to a stop in the center lane of the road, put on the hazards and pull in to the business and stop. Everyone is ok, the guy is college aged and has a cool attitude about it. I'm freaked that the bumper is fucked on the TGP.. but when I walked back there... there wasn't ANY damage at all! None.. Nada, you can't even tell the damn thing was hit. The damage on his car was a small spot where the paint was cracked, and a light scuff on his bumper which rubbed off with my fingers. He wasn't concerned about his car at all (even though it was pretty damn new), and I told him that since there wasn't any noticable damage to ours, that I didn't really give a shit either. I took his information, and he took mine, just to be on the safe side, and we both went on our way.

Upon further inspection, whatever is directly behind the little 4 inch vertical pieces around the license plate on the B4U bumper was pushed in a little bit, which gives the bumper a little bit of give when you push on it.. but nothing much to be alarmed about. Looking up under the car, I don't see any noticable damage either.

So while I'm driving away, I'm trying to figure out why I didn't end up with more damage, especially since he hit me going at least 10-15 mpg (not fast, but still a good jolt). I realized that it was the fact that I was moving forward when he struck the car. Had I been stopped, and had NOT moved the car, I'm sure there would have been more damage to the bumper. But my last minute decision to get the car out of the way ended up working out great!

Unfortunatly, this is something I will be paranoid about for along time. I already look in my rear view mirror when coming to a stoplight just to make sure those behind me are stopping too.. but this just made it worse.

Anyway, just thought I'd post that since I had driven the car for the first time in like 2 months. Maybe I'll just keep the damn thing in the garage from now on. :lol:

Glad it and you are ok. I got rear ended in the TGP, my glasses were on the back seat floor and the car was in the shop for a month getting new rear bumper and the foam and brackets.

Some guy pulled in front of me on a freeway and the trafic stopped. I put the brake pedal into the radiator, I stopped but the guy behind me didn't, neither did the next 3 cars. I will say these TGP's can stop on a dime. I had closed my eyes cause I knew I was going to rear end the guy in front of me.

Luckey you were alert.

Jud

Luke glad you are alright. A person looking for the lawsuit would have put his car in reverse to make the damage worse when the cars connected! You on the other hand are like me...I am getting my pride and joy out of the way of the bucktard who doesn't pay attention in busy areas! :wink:

I put the brake pedal into the radiator,

Jud

I have heard all sorts of sayings describing how hard people are trying to stop....that is the PERFECT orginal :smilielol: ...at least I have never heard that one before!!! :wink: :lol: 8)

Well Kenny I thought I did. I knew I was going to hit that guy.

Had another one just after I bought the car.

Got on it on a 4 lane road doing about 80. Crested a hill and there was a FEDX truck with his left blinker on, I'am ok, well he turned into the left turn lane and then turned back into the fast lane and stoped with me 100' behind him. I again put the pedel through the radiator but there was no way I was going to stop. So the natural thing is to turn the wheel and avoid him. I did an the TGP under extrem braking drove around him with out a squeel. Got breaks, I guess so. :D

Send me a real email and I"ll send you a picture of what your after.

jwscoles@houston.rr.com

Jud