Turbo Cutlass gauges (pics)

Guest TurboSedan

Only problem with A/F tied to the ECM/stock 02 sensor is that it is showing you what the ECM thinks it sees...not actual. A true stand-alone wideband 02 is the way to see what is actual.

Didn't setting the VSS to display correct speed cure the bucking issue? 8)

Guest TurboSedan
Only problem with A/F tied to the ECM/stock 02 sensor is that it is showing you what the ECM thinks it sees...not actual. A true stand-alone wideband 02 is the way to see what is actual.

well, it does and it doesn't. it's not telling me the A/F, but it is telling me that it is in closed loop during light decel, which definately is not right. whether it is in closed loop during light decel because of the VSS i am not sure yet.

people say that a narrowband A/F gauge is useless but i disagree. it's not a useful tuning tool, but it's a great diagnostic tool IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TurboSedan

I'm curious how your A/F gauge reads on your car when you get it hooked up. I want to see if it's anything like mine.

i've only gotten one vid that turned out:

http://www.turbosedan.com/vids/MOV02357.MPG

that was starting at about a 40mph cruise in 3rd gear then WOT. the 2nd to the last green light was dimmly lit up but you can't really tell in the vid.