Rust Repair on Rear Quarters in Front of Rear Wheel

Kaline

I recently bought my first W-car, a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL. The car is in decent shape, and I'm in process of cleaning it up and getting it ready for winter, as this is going to be my winter daily driver. However, I like for my cars to look the best they can, and this car has two golf-ball sized rust holes in the rear quarter panels, in front of each rear wheel. It is only on the exterior metal panel, and this seems to be a typical spot for these cars to rust out. Has anyone on the board written an article on how to patch this area and prevent it from coming back? Obviously there must be a drainage problem, as most of the W-cars that are 10+ years old here in Michigan have rust holes in the same spot. I'd like to see what others have done before I try to fabricate a panel for my car. Thanks.

find one in a j/y that doesnt have rust in that spot and cut it out andw weld it in, or if its just surface rust just sand it down and primer and paint, my TGP is from Michigan and its got some rust problems, mostly underbody and in the fenderwells too, i just put some rust converter on and called it good