Cleanest Engine Bays?

fastbird232

Who's got the nicest ones? Not just clean as in no dirt, I mean like wires tucked away and not as visible as stock, things like that. Pics help.

Personally all I've really done is tuck the cruise cable and a couple others under a coolant hose, and shortened up the main brake booster vacuum line so it doesn't stick up as much.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Euro

• 19Cutlass94

• TeeJay3800

• GP1138

i am a chicken shit with all the electrical under the hood, i am almost afraid to wash it... with my old regal i just hit the whole engine bay with some degreaser let it sit for a bit and then hosed it down... let it sit for a bit pulled the distributor cap and wd40'd it blew it out with an airgun and put it back never had a problem... but my monte scares me :lol:

It's not that big of a deal; plastic bag over the alt and coil packs and spray away....

underhoodclean002.jpg

underhoodclean001.jpg

I'm pretty obsessive about this myself. Yesterday I washed it for the 3rd time this summer. Damn dust!

Wiring isn't run the cleanest though. Cheap Autolite "Pro-fit" wires are WAYYY too long.

My 90 TGP(73K.....this is an older pic, but it sill looks exactly the same.)

90engine.jpg

My 93 SE(244K on it...

93engine1.jpg

Another shot of the 93.....

93engine.jpg

I may update these with new pictures if the thread is still around in a few days.

EDIT: By the way, I don't think anyone has done much in the way of wire hiding/relocation here for "looks." I wouldn't bother with wire hiding unless I showed my car off a lot at carshows......

Here she is after her first real cleaning:

cleanengine1.jpg

cleanclose1.jpg

I still need to work on the wiring for the remote fog lights (right side of pic near battery)

What did you polish that plenum with?

It took a lot of sanding to get it smooth, then I wet sanded with finer and finer grit paper (up to 2000). Buffing with aluminum polish brought out the shine.