Fixed my brakes that I didn't realize weren't working right

Kalgorn

So apparently I had a slight vacuum leak that I didn't realize? I knew my brakes didn't work the greatest but I thought that was just a W-Body thing. Apparently not.

I was checking out my PCV valve vacuum line last night because I plan to Seafoam it tonight and I wanted to see how simple it would be using that line. The vacuum line is connected to the valve by a piece of hose and 2 hose clamps so I loosened the back clamp and pulled the line out. Checked it over, checked to see how easy the hose would bend for adding the Seafoam, and put it back together.

Well I started my car and the idle rockets to a steady ~2500 rpms. WTF... so I check under the hood and try to figure out what could have happened. Turns out, when I pulled the hose from the PCV valve, I knocked the line off the brake booster. Put it back on nice and snug, started the car up again, ran fine. I'm driving around and notice that my brakes are acting weird... they're actually working! Slamming in the brakes emits a slight screech and my car actually stops! Woot.

I'm guessing the line just barely had a leak in it and it was causing my brakes to suck. Although now I'm getting a grinding from my front brakes. :lol: I'll be fixing that next Sunday.

EDIT: I was going to post this in the Brakes forum, but I didn't think it was necessary because it wasn't a tech questions or anything. Just sort of a "Duh" thing.