My car has some cancer, need ideas on fixing it

slick

i sanded it, man what a bitch, i had to take the rear quarter flare off, and then when i did sand it, it just scratched the hell out of the paint, and then i featherd it, that scratched the hell outa the paint, but it just kinda looks like dull paint, they say the Nu-finish or somthing similar is good to use on it, then to my discovery, i have rust in the same spot as the guy who made this thred, all the paints cracking and falling off, and theres rust

rust scares me, and so does body work, cause i dont want my car to look like ass, good think 75% of the the rust i sanded is hidden by the B4M kit, heh

Ok, so for the surface rust, sand away the paint, put that anti-rust gel on it, wipe away after a few minutes, then apply some primer(this is until I paint the car).

For the cancer rust(temporary fix until i can get new rear metal), sand away all affected areas, apply gel, and let it sit for a while. Afterwards, again apply primer to stop it until it is fixed properly, correct?

Yep. That sounds good to me.

3M has a "paint and rust remover" wheel you can put on your drill that does a real good job of getting to bare metal too. Pic here: http://multimedia.mmm.com/mws/mediawebserver.dyn?JJJJJJsqBVYJ1mKJXmKJJJKFYVM3333h- It makes it much easier than sanding, they make them in several thicknesses I think.

Electrolytic rust removal does a real good job on any removable parts that are small enough to put into a container. I'll have to get pics of that process I did on a fender.

Started on the drivers side wheel well today. Took that wheel that Shawn posted on the drill and went at it. Realized that the rust actually isn't all the way through, and isn't as bad as expected!! Still have tons more paint to strip back, and metal to cut away, but I'm just stoked it isn't as bad as expected.

Nothing else got done. Weather isn't exactly agreeing with being outside right now.

Well, I guess I just had hit the surface of it. Appears I will be cutting quite a lot of metal out once I get ahold of some sort of cutting tool... :evil: Pictures will be posted later on today.