need help with a couple problems on my install...

terryk2003

well, i'm a dumb ass..i just figured out why they sound quality sucked ass...it freakin hooked 2 of the speakers up bass-ackwards.. :bash: ...basically i thought all the positive speaker wires were on top and all the negatives on bottom..well, i was wrong...channel 1 is postive top channel 2 is negative on top, 3 is postitive top, etc...well, i switched it around...and MUUCH MUUCH better now!...still not quite what i expected...but, there's still alot of tuning to do...and, as far as these filters go, what do i need to get!?...

Bascially it is an LC lowpass filter that will filter out the alternator noise. It is the same principle as an audio low-pass filter only you are using it for a power wire. The principle is you want to block anything above a certain frequency and that frequency is the alternator noise.

There are 2 ways to do this. The first is to buy an off the shelf one, something like this http://www.electronixwarehouse.com/car/sgl-prod/accessories/noise-sup/ans80.htm

A better way is to get an large value inductor and a capacitor. Make sure the cap is rated for 20+ volts. Make sure the current rating on the inductor will handle the current required of the deck. Put the inductor in-series with the power wire and the capacitor from the power wire to ground. What happens is the inductor chokes the low frequencies and the capacitor shorts the high frequencies to ground.

If you want to go this route, let me know and I will see if I can find some components on the web so you can build one.

Glock

BTW -- I told ya to check speaker polarity wayyyyy back in the beginning :oops:

yeah...but you were talkin about subs...which i don't have...so i kinda ignored it... :lol:

yeah...but you were talkin about subs...which i don't have...so i kinda ignored it... :lol:

No problem, It's all good..

Glock

well, i'm a dumb ass..i just figured out why they sound quality sucked ass...it freakin hooked 2 of the speakers up bass-ackwards.. :bash: ...basically i thought all the positive speaker wires were on top and all the negatives on bottom..well, i was wrong...channel 1 is postive top channel 2 is negative on top, 3 is postitive top, etc...well, i switched it around...and MUUCH MUUCH better now!...still not quite what i expected...but, there's still alot of tuning to do...and, as far as these filters go, what do i need to get!?...

AAAGH!!! I took back a deck that I thought sucked because of that, and was going to suggest that from the very beginning, but I thought you'd already checked that!!

ALWAYS check polarity.

Luckily, I found the next best Pioneer deck that was on sale and got that instead. I got lucky, lol.