2" drop on 18's without rubbing???

NJracer

Hi, i'm about to drop my 94 cutty 2" in the front and back (as soon as the parts arrive). Also, i'm about to order rims and wanted to know what would be the largest size i could put on my car without having problems. I have heard of people putting everything from 20's on their cuttys. I'm looking at 18's or 19's. Do you think that they would rub or cuz problems? And what size tire should i put on them? Thank you for you help.

If you're going for the Intrax springs, 235/45R18 (26.3" tall) should fit perfectly with no rubbing. Stock tires are usually 225/60R16 (26.6" tall). You can also use 225/45R18 (26.0" tall) or 245/40R18 (25.7" tall).

I have 245/45R18 (26.7" tall) on my 89 Cutlass and they rub a little.

In 19" you could try 225/40R19 (26.1" tall) or 245/35R19 (25.7"). If I had 19", I'd be tempted to try some fat 255/35R19 (26.1") but they might rub.

You can use up to 20" with no problems, just size tires appropriately to get close to stock diameter of 26.6" or less and you shouldn't have any rubbing. Sometimes you can go wider if you decrease the diameter, but with decreased diameter, you get more fender gap.