IDD VI Pics (*56k, order a pizza while this loads)

terryk2003

Off topic, but who's car is faster - John's or Dan's??

Looks like goys have some of the same mods and stuff...just wondering. Or if you have raced eachother, who won??

- Jeff L.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terryk2003

• john99gtp

• sl3196

• Nick1234

Off topic, but who's car is faster - John's or Dan's??

Looks like goys have some of the same mods and stuff...just wondering. Or if you have raced eachother, who won??

- Jeff L.

hard to tell. all my stuff is done at sea level. dans at 5000+ feet.

if we were to be side by side, i think i would have a slight advantage because of headers, but i have a huge disadvantage too, i got a 4door, which is more weight. plus, im a big guy too :(

i need to lose some weight, then ill hit 13s easily

edit:

whoops

ive just been informed he has a sedan, my bad. ive always thought his was a 2 door, lol

im still bigger then him though, so weight is playing a role

:/edit:

I thought Dan (sl3196) had a 4 door as well?? Maybe I'm wrong lol.

That would be an interesting race :D

So John, did you get your car all tuned up and running good?? IIRC you were having some problems KR...hopefully you got it all worked out :D!

- Jeff L.

John you tard. :lol: Mine is heavier too I have a sunroof and subs in the trunk. (would take the subs out at the track) I'm also around 230lbs right now so probably as big as you hehe.

I don't have a new time to compare with his yet. I run at 4,900ft so I would probably run .8-.9 tenths faster at sea level. I think it would be pretty close between us right now. I have a smaller pulley but he has the headers and d/p. Hard to say.

Hey there.

I didnt take any racing pics (cept for 2), I did driving pics.

http://www.jbarbieri.net/massclubgp/idd/

Was quite the drive.

Ive got some vids too, but my camera battery is low and I cant find the charger.

Also Terry, was nice to meet you as well, and I have a vid of that Gen1 running 12.8 IIRC (I know its 12, not sure on exact time)

edit: cause I forgot the link to the pics, lol

swweeeet...me need the vid of that 1st gen!!!!...also, GREAT meeting you too...i had funn @ IDD, and i'm already wanting to go back next year...i think i might just stay @ the hotel next year too :mrgreen: ...unless they decide not to have the GP guys back after the hell they raised this year :lol: ...

i think they wont mind

this was apparently the most mild weekend in 2 years.....not as many people showed as before

so im sure they wont mind

edit: and you should stay.....half the fun was being at the hotel....it was awesome

good thing you didnt stop by sunday night, NOTHING was happening, they lied to me!

:lol: ...i saw the pics of the hotel party over on clubgp as well as fathead's pics on wbodysource...look kinda crazy...BTW: i woulda stayed and BS'd longer but but i had to be back home before 5... :roll: ...maybe next year though...if you guys make the trip again :wink: ...so, where's the vid of that gen 1?...and, was the guy back @ the hotel that night!?...cause i wanted some pics of his engine & shit...

no he wasnt, must of made the trip back to wisconsin.

oh we're making the trip....massclub has been there for all 6. whether or not Ill make the trip is a different story.....im hopin to go for the drive, but i doubt ill race, the miles are really racking on the GTP :(

just bring it in on a trailer! :lol: ...or if you don't want the miles on your gtp, lets stick the engine in my cutlass for a few runs... :wink:

im hopin to go for the drive, but i doubt ill race, the miles are really racking on the GTP :(
Bah! Mine still has more miles on it!

ya, but in a year, will you still be racing??

in a year, would you drive 700 miles, then race it??

im just going to fast. the car was to old to begin with :(

im hopin to go for the drive, but i doubt ill race, the miles are really racking on the GTP :(

:shock: DUDE...i know for damn sure there were alot of guys there with more miles then you got!! ...

but in a year, ill be around 130k, then making a 700 mile trip.....

eh

if it was closer to home yes, but i didnt wanna be like some of the guys there :wink:

but in a year, ill be around 130k, then making a 700 mile trip.....

eh

if it was closer to home yes, but i didnt wanna be like some of the guys there :wink:

:shrug: :think:

yeah...i thought that myself...i was kinda thinkin that about you racing...i sure as hell wouldnt have done that...i'm too bigg of a wuss :oops: ...oh well, if you break it you can have it towed back to my house and i'll help ya fix it! :wink:

Yes

Yes

Plan on going to the grand prix gathering in '06.

Two questions:

That yellow 6th gen MC in your first pic - what'd he run if you caught it? I met the guy at Michigan Int'l Speedway at a Monte Carlo meet there and was curious what his car ran. (Provided it's the same car - sure as heck looks it).

Also, if you redlight (call me a newb for this), even tho you automatically lose the race, can ya still run it flat out in the 1/4? If so, your timeslip would still show the 1/4 time right?

WMZZZ

it was an NA monte, i believe he was around 15 or so.

looked really good.

and yes, if you redlight, you can still run it out and get timed. it will just say that you fouled, but still get a time.