interior swap update: 6/14

stockgp

Im just curious (BTW it all looks good) unless GM made a change, doesn't that cluster light up green w/o the lens? I'm just surprised how putting a lense on with a color opposite the spectrum didn't dim the heck out of it!

Gm's factory cover was pretty dark so you can get away with a fair bit before it's to dim for daytime. I am a bit surprised that it looks so red.

first, thanks a lot. the film i used is photographic quality. the diffusion factor is minimal and it blocks very little light. you won't find better anywhere. it's used to make plates for the printing presses.

holy fuck thats cool.

thanks a lot. i figured the guys around here could appreciate something like this. i've really put a lot of work into everything i've done so far, and i'm damn proud of it. thanks to all you guys

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stockgp

• Baddflash

• jeremy

• kadeas

that i couldn't tell you, i'd have to ask my boss. the stuf i have i didn't pay for since it was just some scraps. i'll check into it, though :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

steve pmd me a bit ago about the red film i used for my interior. i know two or three other people have asked about this and i forgot all about it until today. below is my pm to steve, and it is everything i know at this point. i just got off the phone with my boss and he's checking on this stuff for me. i'll know more later today or tomorrow.

dan

oh and steve, you asked about olds blue, but keep in mind this is printing material. if i can get blue, it may not be an exact match to the olds blue you want.

as a matter of fact, you're only the second or third person to ask me about getting this stuff. and until now i completely forgot. the stuff i used is called rubylith. as far as i know we can get it in red, green, yellow, and possibly blue. my boss is calling our supplier in pittsburgh to check, and also to see if he can get it in smaller sheets because normally the stuff comes in 4 ft by 20, 50 and 100 ft. rolls. I can tell you it's going to be expensive, more so for you if you try to get it yourself than if i sell it directly to you. i'm going to call my boss back later today and see what he can tell me. if you could deal with red, i could sell you a bit of mine.

Thats dandy.. Just as long as it is blue.. Because all the other stuff is blue "accents"but would look bad if I went with red.. And if I have extra scraps, I may just apply it over the rest of the lighting :)