interior swap update: 6/14

stockgp

i wanted to get pics of how everything looks put together, but i couldn't find my cam. so, here's how things were as of two months ago

th_interior2.jpg

th_interior1.jpg

th_dash1.jpg

here's the rest of the dash installed minus the glove box (i lost the strikebar that holds the glovebox closed somehow :oops: ). i got a new sheet of plexi today to replace the lens i broke for the ub3. the pics below show generally what it will look like when i'm done (the pic is fuzzy because my cam sucks and the red film is a bit dusty). also i included a few pics of the radio and hvac turned on. i need to identify ten more wires for the hvac and it will be functional. right now all it does is control fan speed. i'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to turn the hvac and radio displays red. as far as i can tell the lens is blue on the hvac and i know for sure the radio lens is blue. i guess i'll figure it out eventually.

th_hvac2.jpg

th_hvac1.jpg

th_ub32.jpg

th_ub31.jpg

some more really bad pics, but this is everything finished. i'll try to get better pics tomorrow.

hvacrad1.jpg

findash1.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stockgp

• Baddflash

• jeremy

• slick

i'm still looking for good black carpet and black interior panels, but everything else is in place and fitting nicely. I even finished my pass. power seat conversion and my ub3 swap (although when i was putting it in i cracked the new lens i made a bit :evil: . i made everything easily removable so when i find the diagrams i need for the dual zone climate control swap i won't spend a week tearing everything apart.

thanks to everyone who helped me along this far.

neither can i. i'm having a hell of a time finding black interior panels to finish this off. i need i think 94 gp panels since they still had the seat belts on the door instead of on the b pillar.i found an excellent tan carpet i think i am going to get and dye black

Well you can usually find black headliner at most car audio shops. If not in stock they car order it..Why not use SEM spray and recolor the panels you can not find black. I've had great success doing this..Black carpet you may get a replacement from JC Whitney.. It is nowhere near the GM quality but wth some extra padding it looks pretty darn good.. As far as carpet for the lower door panels try audio shops again or go to selectproducts website.. They sell some great carpets for custom automotive applications..Hope this helps..

Guest Anonymous

dude that is crazy!!!!!! Id love to know how you're going to pull all this off.... talk about Absolut Mod.

I think your giving steve a run for his money

Well you can usually find black headliner at most car audio shops. If not in stock they car order it..Why not use SEM spray and recolor the panels you can not find black. I've had great success doing this..Black carpet you may get a replacement from JC Whitney.. It is nowhere near the GM quality but wth some extra padding it looks pretty darn good.. As far as carpet for the lower door panels try audio shops again or go to selectproducts website.. They sell some great carpets for custom automotive applications..Hope this helps..

the headliner i am going to do myself. the one i have in now features a raised pontiac emblem, but it's light gray so it won't match. i'd like everything to look as factory as possible, which means i'd like all the textures to match, etc. so spray painting is out of the question for now. carpet again i want to look oem. if i can find a good black one i will take it. if not, most likely i will be buying the tan carpet i found and i will dye it black. as far as door panels i'm a bit confused as to what you are talking about. i need to find panels that will fit with the 94+ style dash and accomodate my seat belts being on the door instead of the b pillars. as far as i know the 94 is the only year to have that combination. thanks for your suggestions, i will keep themin mind :D

dude that is crazy!!!!!! Id love to know how you're going to pull all this off.... talk about Absolut Mod.

for the most part the swap is done. everything that needed to be fabricated has been done, as well as all the test-fitting. like i said all i need is carpet and black interior panels and i'm good to go.

I haven't been around much lately so i have no idea what steve is doing. however i have seen the stuff he's done in the past so i'm sure whatever he is working on will be top notch.

It is simply attempting to do some work. That is all.

Guest Anonymous

I just cant beleive all the work. I would never even conceive to do that much... hell putting in leather in the RPE was like THE project for me... good luck to you, its a first!

Honestly most of the stuff bolts up so its really not that hard

:werd: aside from some brackets that had to be fabricated for the bottom of the dash and the seat track modifications everything was pretty much bolt in

Don't you remember the "SS" Lumina?

honestly the hardest part is going to be doing the dual zone swap. so far i've kept as much of the wiring in the stock haress as possible. but now that the dash is in and the harness is tucked away it's going to be a little mor dificult.

i didn't even make the seat track mods. i had a friend stamp them out of 3/16" steel while he was at work. all i did was weld them back on

I thought that those seats were a direct bolt in swap to all 1G w-bodies......

i didn't even make the seat track mods. i had a friend stamp them out of 3/16" steel while he was at work. all i did was weld them back on

I thought that those seats were a direct bolt in swap to all 1G w-bodies......

They should be. The seats in my car('93 Z34) are out of a 94+ Cutty.

When I had the Mexi-Power Lumina, my friend and I were going to buy this TGP that was on auction and turn my Lumi into an "SS", but we decided not to when the TGP turned out to be somewhat salvagable. Then the entire thing fell through when we realized it was a waste of time to bother with either car. :lol:

When I had the Mexi-Power Lumina, my friend and I were going to buy this TGP that was on auction and turn my Lumi into an "SS", but we decided not to when the TGP turned out to be somewhat salvagable. Then the entire thing fell through when we realized it was a waste of time to bother with either car. :lol:

****random statement of the day***