• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stockgp

• Baddflash

• jeremy

• kadeas

Nice! Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Is that a UB3 I see in there?

You should be able to match up 94-96 GP door panels (all 3 years had door-mounted belts) to the Cutty dash, although due to the GP's having the trip computer on the left side of the dash, that part of the dash was raised up a bit. It should be a non-issue, though fit-wise (if you were using Cutty door panels with a GP dash it would be a different story.)

Speaking of Steve, you may want to let him know what you had to do to swap in the Cutty's climate control :wink: ...

I thought that those seats were a direct bolt in swap to all 1G w-bodies......

if i wre swapping in regular seats, yes. i made my passenger seat into a power seat. the driver's side power tracks are offset to the right, so if you use a driver's side track on a pass. side seat it hits the pass side door.

Nice! Can't wait to see it when it's finished. Is that a UB3 I see in there?

You should be able to match up 94-96 GP door panels (all 3 years had door-mounted belts) to the Cutty dash, although due to the GP's having the trip computer on the left side of the dash, that part of the dash was raised up a bit. It should be a non-issue, though fit-wise (if you were using Cutty door panels with a GP dash it would be a different story.)

yes that's a ub3. i've wanted to do that swap for years, but i didn't have the means to do it until recently. I also thought of the differences between door panels, but i'm at a loss for another way to go about this without having to mount my seat belts on the pillar. also i believe with cutty door panels i would have to move or replace my door handles or both. if i could get cutty door panels to fit my dash with door mounted seat belts i would be a happy camper. as it is, though, it's a pain in the ass finding parts around here because the junk yards suck ass.

Speaking of Steve, you may want to let him know what you had to do to swap in the Cutty's climate control ...

I haven't done this yet. i've yet to find any wiring diagrams for the climate ocntrol system. however, all steve needs is the sensors, the top half of the air box and the hvac controller to do the swap. i've got all that stuff, i just need the diagrams

That looks very nice. Do all the bolt holes line up ok? Any surprises or problems so far?

And for a red radio display, the 97+ radios all have a red display. I don't think you can change the color cause it's a screen.

I'm loving the red UB3.... howd ya do that? A red UB3 is my summer project for the RPE....

high quality red film from a print shop i work for.

That looks very nice. Do all the bolt holes line up ok? Any surprises or problems so far?

And for a red radio display, the 97+ radios all have a red display. I don't think you can change the color cause it's a screen.

first, thanks. bolt holes for which part? the top bolt holes for the dash line up, although i had to make 2 extra holes. the spaces are there for them under the defrost vent cover, but the holes aren't there because the 94+ dash is only supported by the two inner bolts on the top. most of the support for the dash is supplied by a bar that mounts under the dash. also, new brackets for the bottom of the dash by the doors had to be fabricated. everything else is pretty much bolt in.

red radio display? i'm confused. my stuff is all from a cutty, so all the displays are blue. since it's going in my gp i want everything to be red (doesn't hurt that red is my fav. color). both the radio and hvac have blue lenses, as far as i can tell. the radio lens is removable, but then i would have to figure a way to secure a piece of plexi in it's place. the hvac lens is part of the face plate, and not removable. i believe i'm just going to end up cutting a piece of film to the exact shape of the lens and put it on the outside of the faceplate.

oh and without the brace for under the dash, the middle area of the dash isn't as rigid. i'm going to have to think of a way to remedy that as well.

I'm would guess that you are using the HVAC box from the cutty or is it your original GP one?

If the cuttys shouldn't it be plug and play? If the GP's isn't there different internal gating for dual zone, among other things?

i'm using the original gp box. when i realized i needed the cutlass box and temp sensors and went to get them, the car had already been crushed. yes, the top of the box is split into two doors instead of one, therefore there are two actuators.

even if i did use the cutty box i would have had to do a lot of rewiring, because i'm using a 93 gp dash harness.

Im just curious (BTW it all looks good) unless GM made a change, doesn't that cluster light up green w/o the lens? I'm just surprised how putting a lense on with a color opposite the spectrum didn't dim the heck out of it!

Gm's factory cover was pretty dark so you can get away with a fair bit before it's to dim for daytime. I am a bit surprised that it looks so red.

update. i finished the new lens for the ub3 and i did the hvac and the radio, too. the radio is a little hard to see in the daytime, but not impossible. i'll get new pics tonight.