Just installed FFP dogbones, car vibrates like hell...

Grand Moff Joseph

That isn't an idle set screw, its a throttle plate stop. If you turn that screw and open the plate more, your idle air controller will close itself. Then if you go to far, it will throw a code. The computer doesn't like not being able to control the idle itself, i know that much. You can try it, i did 6 years ago with no luck on the long term effect. It also caused me some hesitation problems off the line.

the 60V6 store is http://www.60degreev6.com/store. I can program chips for just idle speed and limiters and fan turn on, but I still have to use a flash chip to program it. I also would still have to either use adapters which would raise the price even more, or go with a core setup on the memcals and just solder chips onto them. I could do the idle/limiter thing on a stock memcal for 25 bucks, but I would also have to do a core charge of 50 bucks so I don't run out of memcals. Maybe I should add that option to the store since I am sure 125 is a bit pricey for someone that doesn't want more power, just limiters and idle settings.

As for that lower mount, pole stands, car lift, drop subframe:) Otherwise, when I did mine a long time ago, I raised the motor with a hoist and dropped the subframe a little. Still a pain in the ass.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grand Moff Joseph

• digitaloutsider

• 19Cutlass94

• 5speedz34

That isn't an idle set screw, its a throttle plate stop. If you turn that screw and open the plate more, your idle air controller will close itself. Then if you go to far, it will throw a code. The computer doesn't like not being able to control the idle itself, i know that much. You

Thats why there is TPS on the plate. it should read slightly open like asif he were on the gas a tad. otherwise I can understand that perfectly if the TPS was reading 100% closed

I tried it myself 2 years ago. Turning that screw will not work. It will idle irradically IF it raises the idle at all and will throw a code. Turning that screw will not work.

It doesnt need to read 100 at idle to be fucked. 1% you can get away with, but its still going to cause the IAC to close itself off trying to correct the idle speed. If you go 2-3%, your car will no longer believe its sitting idle, which is really gonna piss it off. Ive tried this, scanned the computer, watched what it does, seen its side effects, and witnessed when the TPS is also wrong from not having a good 5 volt ground. Its sensitive and setting that screw for anything more than just before the plate would be jammed in the bore is more open than you need it. If the screw has never been touched, it is set where it needs to be and thats it.

Believe me or not, its a fact that I can prove if anyone wants to drive to my shop for a demonstration.

so what it all comes down to is that for the 3100, you will have to live with that vibration, and in my case having the idle drop a little bit when shifting from N to D

how "effective" is the ffp mount on the the 3.4??? how does it affect it all together

It makes the engine more stiffer :lol: , thus allowing it to get power to the ground easier.

When i put that on my car, i loved the vibration feeling. Felt like sitting in a V8 car. course now it has went away, maybe i should buy a new one just so i can get the vibration feeling back. THe girlfriend loved it :wink:

When i put that on my car, i loved the vibration feeling. Felt like sitting in a V8 car. course now it has went away, maybe i should buy a new one just so i can get the vibration feeling back. THe girlfriend loved it :wink:

OMG... :shock: :D

And with that, this thread is done...nothing to see here folks, move along... :lol: