Cradle bushing recall news. Long Story.

89GPSE

Has the Recall been done on Your Car yet?  

1. 1. Has the Recall been done on Your Car yet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Know But am on The way To the Dealer Right Now.

I replaced my balljoints, there is no play at all in the tie-rods. If I pry the lower control arms with a crow bar, between the arm and the subframe, they will slightly move away from the subframe. So maybe bushings?

So you say Jim Murphy huh, how long did it take?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• 89GPSE

• Grand Moff Joseph

• Canada

• 1 year later...

Last time I went to the dealership to ask about a recall, they told me my car was too old for them to do anything about it.

I'm like WTF and made them run it in the computer. He's like I know nothing will come up but i'll do it anyways, and he typed it in and sure enough it just spit out "INVALID VIN". I'm like you have to be kidding me, it's a recall you have to be able to tell me something and he's like nope sorry.

Ended up having to find someone on a forum that works somewhere that runs VIN's to look it up, turns out mine wasn't effected.

Last time I went to the dealership to ask about a recall, they told me my car was too old for them to do anything about it.

I'm like WTF and made them run it in the computer. He's like I know nothing will come up but i'll do it anyways, and he typed it in and sure enough it just spit out "INVALID VIN". I'm like you have to be kidding me, it's a recall you have to be able to tell me something and he's like nope sorry.

Ended up having to find someone on a forum that works somewhere that runs VIN's to look it up, turns out mine wasn't effected.

Welcome to owning an American car.

I had the same recall fixed on mine cutty last year. Took about an hour. But then agian they changed two the others i had to pay yo be fixed. The redneck owner before me broke one. And put a steel plate and a cheap bolt. (not hardened) It then snaped for me kicked the front end so far out of alinment. So he had to cut some floor out to get the nut out. About two hrs to fix the rear cradle mounts. And $275 later it is fixed. I wish i kwen it was a recall before i had the work done. :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Sorry for draggin up the old and dead but............

I am in the process of getting my cradle stuff done, on my TGP. Did anyone else, with a TGP, get told they didnt have a problem, but did? If so, can I posibly get your VIN or GM Case Number. They are telling me, even thou mine falls in the "area" that mine wasnt affected.

This is the only open recall on my car, and I am trying to get it fixed.

Thats the same exact thing they told me. They looked up my VIN and it falls in the category that needs to be replaced, but no open recalls came up in the system- he even showed it to me on the computer screen- so the previous owner probably had it done. I had them check my cradle just in case, and it was fine- my clunking was due to completely shot suspension and a cracked leafspring.