Rear Brake conversion..

veritasz34

Probably the million dollar question...What will fix the rear caliper problem these cars have?? I have looked on the web and found a conversion to a 94-96 Pontiac Grand Prix Gen caliper set up.. Does anyone have any experience with this conversion??If so what is the reliability??I'm not a fast driver by no means but I'd really like to know I have more reliable brakes than what I have now...

This is what I have in my garage...

75457387.jpg

well...having a '97 cutlass, i can tell you i really havent had any problems with my brakes...so, i don't think you'd have any trouble with them if you converted em...

I had a TON of problems with the rear calipers on both an 88 and 89 Cutlass.

I haven't had a single problem with the rear calipers on the 94 Cutlass, and not 1 problem with the 89 Cutlass since I upgraded it to 94 calipers.

I think the 94-96 is considerably better. I've seen a very few people that have had problems with 94-96 calipers too, but those people are few and far between. Almost EVERYONE has had problems with the 88-93 style calipers.

aren't the 94' rear brakes he same callipers but with larget rotors? or am i totally wrong?
You're wrong, lol, the 94+'s are a completely different caliper and rotor. The only thing that's the same is that it's mounted in the same place.