zinnnnnnng thud...wtf

supreme dreamz

i shot a spark plug into my hood ....weird....

i have a 1994 cutlass supreme 3.4 dohc just pulling in to work after a 200km trek and boom...its puttting away like a 5 banger....so i open the hood....theres the lil problem...spark plug is on the intake and a big dent in the hood....i looked at the plug and seemed ok not crossthreaded or broke....so i had to run around to find tools to put it back in before the engine cooled down and decided it would not fit anymore :x

anyways i tightened it down and been fine since ...has this happened to anyone else?....or is my car mad at me?...lol :)

I heard a story of plugs shooting straight through a guys hood. I didn't really believe it, but I guess it is possible. Scary that the torqe spec for plugs is only 18 ft/lbs on the 3.1L

hahah the plug threads were fine and i managed to get it back in right away b4 it cooled so np....been 3 days no probs.....must have been loose for a long time....im gonna do a tune up and replae them all next week :D

The hood and the dent in it

Yea im thinkin this might be some :bs: without some pics.

ehh i hope it went in easy, or else you just fucked yourself

:lol2: