Aftermarket Fuel injectors?

Fat Ryan

no it doesnt do anythin for power...it helps when you have high compression cause it doesnt detonate...i would say maybe the way to put it is it helps to SUPPORT more power...hence why i run race gas in my car not because it gives me more power but i can run more boost and timing because the race gas either 100 or 110 octane resists detonation...
its not gonna add hp or anything, but it does essential "support" power. either way, higher octane means "more burn"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fat Ryan

• FastSE2DR

• cutlsp

• digitaloutsider

yeah but you said it combusts more of the actual fuel...thats not true and it doesnt provide more power and better mileage...you should ALWAYS run the minimum octane rating
it does get better mileage. and it essentially helps with power. there is less emission with higher octane cause it combusts more

it doesnt combust more...it combusts less especially in a car that doesnt need it...if you have the need to run it then its gonna combust the same...premium is just better refined oil thats all

im obviously not gonna get anywhere with this so im done post what you want

octane rating=resistance to burn bottomline
i beg to differ. but this is rediculous to argue about. neither of us our gonna agree, so lets get back on topic. is there any good injectors for my 2.8? i like those ones linked above, but will i need to modify the air induction?

The octane rating represents the "antiknock" properties of the fuel. The higher the number, the slower the fuel burnsâ€â€and the less likely your engine will knock.

i know i said i was done but i just quickly found this and this:

The octane rating of gasoline tells you how much the fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites

that EQUALS RESISTANCE TO BURN

consider this: those injectors are now 16 or 17 years old and have less then 60k on them, i have every reason to believe the car has sat alot, and with old gas resting in the injectors it will varnish. i'd bet old gas turning to varnish and cloging up the injectors has alot to do with it.

my z34 is still on its OE injectors at 136,xxx

and my euro's injectors came out of a 3.4 with even higher miles.

and for what its worth i've hard of people haveing more problems with older lower mile cars then cars that have average miles.

as for the injectors sucking, theres plenty of people here who have 200k plus engines that are still on the origional injectors so they can't all suck. personally i'd just get good used injectors and run with them.

well if you drive your car daily, you shouldnt have problems with the injectors because they have gas flowing through them constantly, but when you let it sit for a long time, thats when all that shit begins to build up and then you begin to have the problems.

Id go with accel injectors if your not going to go with the OEM

Just go to the auto parts store and buy some. The one I got from O'Reillys is Borg Warner. Works fine, held up fine, and flows close enough to OEM that the engine runs fine with 5 original OEM injectors and 1 BW aftermarket replacement.

It looks different is all.

AAAWWW GOD, THANK YOU!!! Its not the injecters. its only the plugs and wires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im so happy :D . I just hope this whole "tilting the engine" thing really makes it easy