Aftermarket Fuel injectors?

Fat Ryan

Well, my car seems to be running fine now (except for this hesitation and sputter). The mechanic said i probably got a bad injector. im taking it to a dealership to find out 4 sure. if they are bad, where can i get better ones? i dont want to install shitty injectors, i want good ones that will last. this is for my 89 grand prix 2.8l. also, does the intake manifold gasket problem apply to the 2.8l engine or just the 3.1? thanx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fat Ryan

• FastSE2DR

• cutlsp

• digitaloutsider

the intake problem applies to the 3100 and the 3400 but some 2.8s and 3.1s have this problem too.

your injectors are just fine i would get a set from a junk yard and ship them and the fuel rail off to be rebuilt and bored out if you want better injectors :wink: .

I've never had problems with injector either...but I guess if it sits long enough they will gum up.

I'd stick with OEM, or the generic aftermarket stuff. If you went with bigger injectors and stuff you'd also want to upgrade you fuel rail and delievery system for maximum benefit I'd think.

- Jeff L.

???? :bash: DUDE your not listening the stock injectors in my car have 220000+ miles on them and are still working fine. the other thing is they don't make any injectors to upgrade our cars :roll:

^^^that was my original question...i just didnt want to buy OEM if i had a choice. your lucky if you injectors lasted that long, i heard you. but mine are most likely bad and i read and heard that the 2.8Ls have injectore problems. so id rather get aftermarket (and not "bigger" ones, just better quality). but if they dont make them, ill hafta get OEM.

the car will do fine if once a month you make a point of dumping some rxp in with the gas thats what i do and my car is just fine :wink: (also helps i run premium the car runs better on it i think) people say the grade the gas is doesn't matter but the higher the grade the less explosive force the gas has. but also the cleaner burning it is 8)

the car will do fine if once a month you make a point of dumping some rxp in with the gas thats what i do and my car is just fine :wink: (also helps i run premium the car runs better on it i think) people say the grade the gas is doesn't matter but the higher the grade the less explosive force the gas has. but also the cleaner burning it is 8)

You run premium in your Cutlass?

wtf?

14, 17, and 21 lbs per hour fuel rate accel fuel injectors

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10201/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2009413/showCustom-0/p-2009413/N-111+10201+600010351/c-10101

I was thinking about buying these for my car but theres nothing wrong with the OEM ones so Im not going to bother until the OEM ones fail

You run premium in your Cutlass?

wtf?

uh yeah i do i have a reason for doing it to :oops:

you have it backwards. when the octane is higher, there is a more explosive combustion...resulting in less liquid emissions.

yes it does. why do you think its for the expensive cars. it combusts more of the actual fuel. It provides more power and better mileage

It has absolutely nothing to do with the price of the car. It has to do with the compression of the engine. The higher the compression, the higher octane fuel it'll require.

no it doesnt do anythin for power...it helps when you have high compression cause it doesnt detonate...i would say maybe the way to put it is it helps to SUPPORT more power...hence why i run race gas in my car not because it gives me more power but i can run more boost and timing because the race gas either 100 or 110 octane resists detonation...

yes it does. why do you think its for the expensive cars. it combusts more of the actual fuel. It provides more power and better mileage

It has absolutely nothing to do with the price of the car. It has to do with the compression of the engine. The higher the compression, the higher octane fuel it'll require.

that was my point

yeah but you said it combusts more of the actual fuel...thats not true and it doesnt provide more power and better mileage...you should ALWAYS run the minimum octane rating