Tell Me What U Think... 89 Turbo Grand Prix

ritchierich1

eeek, that xover must be really bad that it wont start now, mine does that on cold cold days, and sometimes it will start just fine then die, O rings are cheap arnt they? and thats it, so ud be puttin about 1k into the car after u got it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Prospeeder

• Jeff M

• ritchierich1

• TGPilot

Tough? The 3.1 is a breeze compared to other motors I've seen.

ditto!

althought TGP and 'daily driver' don't really mix in my mind...

neither does a 3.4 DOHC being reliable... But I guess thats just me..

i dont see why a TGP can be a daily driver, all thats different is the turbo, intercooler, and xover, wich any of those fixed, (if even broken) and all forged, its probably as reliable if not more than a regular 3.1, and any regular pre 91 ABS system cars gonna have problems too, so i dont see why they cant be daily drivers

Jeff M. My tranny failed when the car had 80,000 km in 1996, fixed under warranty from GM. Anyways I look at this as a sports car, and somehow not shifting is a missing task for me.

Davis My tanny brand new rebuilt , clutch and everyting I need is in the back of the shop. I just need time and space to put it in. Plus I'm also waiting for my RAM Air hood same style as the Grand Am if you saw it at the shop. Carbon fiber with an openining directly into the Turbo.

Adam S.

i know theres a few of you guys that know want to go give this car a look.. i think im gonna try to make it down there this weekend. its only 45 minutes away and ive been looking for one of these for quite some time.

Keep looking, you'll find one that's both cheaper and in better shape. My TSTE has been my daily driver for the last 1 1/2 years (before that it was the daily driver from nov-may of the previous 2 years.) The cars are reliable as long as you take care of it.

ohh thats sounds cool, a ram air hood directly to the turbo, sweet, u better post pics

I had one planned, but I *think* the cars actually have to move for the ram air to work. So, mine will be non functional :lol: