Differences Between Z34 And Euro

1990lumina

I was wondering the same thing about my Euro dash. It has an anti-lock light, but anti-lock brakes weren't even available that year, unless of course GM planned on using that dash the next year and already knew they were gonna offer abs brakes?

Shawn

My Beretta also has an ABS light on the cluster, but ABS wasn't introduced on Berettas until 92....SO I guess this is a recurring theme within the GM system. :roll:

My car has a traction control light and traction control was never available on a CS, nor is it even mentioned in the owner's manual. Evidence that the same instument cluster was used on multiple models (Regal).

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• EurosportZ34

• Dirty Rockstar

• comptech_69

My theory is that GM was PLANNING to keep what we know as the 90 only gauge cluster.. But they probably decided against it most likely because the look of them dated the cars (In their opinion).. I say this because if you compare the gauges in the 90 Euro to those in say an 88 Celebrity, the fonts are very similar, if not the same..

FYI, the 90 Euros could have gotten the red bowtie in the steering wheel.. Base models could not of course.. If they got the upgraded wheel, they had the silver bowtie.. All the differences on Z34s and Euros are all bolt ons, lol.. Even the engine can be changed with not much effort if you have a running parts car..

Converting a 2 door is easier than doing a 4 door, but, instead of going with the fuckin UGLY ASS Razzi side skirts, Grand Prix BYP skirts run about 12 bucks per side, and look a hell of a lot less rice.. I have a set for my Lumina, along with the Z34 front bumper.. I did a mock up before I wrecked the black one.. Fabulous.. Ask BaddFlash.. He has the same setup.. It is the perfect solution for us 4 door guys..

Yeah, I was gonna say, my Euro has a red bowtie, so it couldn't be Z only.

The '93-94? Cutty's also still had the up shift light for a manual trans, and '92 was the last year for that.

Yeah, but that was because they used that cluster in the earlier years that did have the manual tranny, did they not? That makes sense, because there is no need to change the cluster for something like that. However, my STE, which has a special cluster, because its a Turbo, has a shift light, and we all know those NEVER had a manual tranny. GM just does some weird things with their clusters.

Shawn

ya know, i never thought that the font would be so similar on say a 89' celeberity and a 90' euro, we just got a celeberity in recently, and the font is so similar come to think about it!!

LOL, yea Chris.. I have your 90 cluster, BTW.. Ill send it off as soon as I get the other stuff, lol..

94 GPs also had a shift light.. We all know Pontiac killed 5 speeds in everything except sunfires.. (Gay)

My car has a traction control light and traction control was never available on a CS, nor is it even mentioned in the owner's manual. Evidence that the same instument cluster was used on multiple models (Regal).

the Low trac light is part of teh ABS system it goes off when teh ABS goes off

the exterior mouldings (bumpers, grille, spoiler, etc, etc)

the suspension package

the 3.4 namely

manual tranny option

euros, i like them for what they are, i don't know what it is but i really like the look of them. i guess they sorta stand alone in terms of styleing, i like that.

You forgot the hood louver thingies. Man, and you own one. :roll:

coming from a euro3.4 guy...*clears throat*

aside from all the z parts that euro guys swap...the spoiler was different. euro spoiler never lifted off the car...z does a few inches. manual...obviously. about the doors...

I HAVE SEEN A EURO3.4 WITH 2 DOORS. its uber rare. if i see it again..i'll take a pic. its crazy. the euro 2 door is rare enough, along with the euro3.4. i cant amagine owning a 2dr euro3.4. thats like an orgasm in a car.

I HAVE SEEN A EURO3.4 WITH 2 DOORS. its uber rare. if i see it again..i'll take a pic. its crazy. the euro 2 door is rare enough, along with the euro3.4. i cant amagine owning a 2dr euro3.4. thats like an orgasm in a car.

not to burst your bubble but the Euro3.4 only came in a 4-door version. the 2-door Euro with the 3.4 is called the Z34. they first made the only 3.4 Lumina as a coupe Z34 model, later they added the 3.4 to the Euro but only as a sedan option.

there was no 2 door euro 3.4 coupe plain and simple.

the only 2 door 1st gen lumina you could get with the 3.4 was the z34.

i cant amagine owning a 2dr euro3.4. thats like an orgasm in a car.

It's still a Euro...

And your Z34 is just a parts car Euro with a pretty front end and hood. What's your point?

• 2 weeks later...
Weren't the seats in 92-94 Z34 specific as well? There was also a remote trunk release that might have been Z34 only, the 16" rims, 4-wheel ABS disc brakes.

My car is base and it has remote trunk release

i believe we already stated that the trunk release wasn't Z34 specific

<--- didn't notice there was more than one page (didnt fully load on pos laptop)

.....sorry about that.. resume commentary ;)

Any pics of the dash and guages? I'm not considering doing a Z swap, this thread was more so to find out the differences between the two trim levels. The Z looks very nice, and I can tell it is a Z from blocks away lol..

It's wierd, my 90 Euro has that model only cluster (I think the 90 guage cluster was special to 90s only?) and down where is has the SES light there is a spot that says "Anti-Lock", and yes I know the 90 Euros didn't have ABS..so was GM thinking about added it, but then decided not to after they had manufactured all the guage clusters? I thought it was kinda wierd, but there's a few wierd things on my car so...

- Jeff L.

If it makes u feel any better you also have an upshift light... I know whic becuase I got my cluster out of a '90 euro... Figure that one out!

Where abouts on the cluster..I'll look for it tomorrow!

??

Oh by the way thanks for the all input guys!

- Jeff L.

It's not something that you can see with the cluster in the dash. It's one of the ones that you totally don't know it's there untill it lights up. If I remember correctly its above the fuel guage on the right or left side.