Differences Between Z34 And Euro

1990lumina

Hey,

if this has been discussed before I'm sorry, but here goes:

What are the main exterior differences between a 1990-1994 Lumina Z34 to a Euro?

Obvisously the bottom "ground effects" or w/e you'd like to call it.

Also, I've noticed that the license plate is between the tailights, not below the bumper like on a Euro. I've also noticed what looks to be like a cut out around the license plate on a Z34 into that metal strip that runs above the bumper and below the tail lights - am I correct?

The grilles are different

And the spoiler is different.

And it has the Z34 badging

What else is different exterior wise?

I've always wondered this because I love that look that they have. Maybe it is just the ground effect kit? I've been thinking about buying the Razzi kit, but not for the price they are asking. If I found a Z34 moldings at a J/Y how hard would it be to put them on my Euro?

The rear bumper cover is totally different also is it not?

Ok, I've made this quite confusing, so maybe could someone just tell me the main differences between a Euro and a Z34 exteriors?

Thanks!

- Jeff L.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• White93z34

• EurosportZ34

• Dirty Rockstar

• comptech_69

the exterior mouldings (bumpers, grille, spoiler, etc, etc)

the suspension package

the 3.4 namely

manual tranny option

euros, i like them for what they are, i don't know what it is but i really like the look of them. i guess they sorta stand alone in terms of styleing, i like that.

if you wanted to, you could strip the bottom g-fx, front & back bumper covers, wing, & hood. i don't know about the pieces on the door, seeing how they are attatched by pegs, unless you got heavy duty double sided tape.

Just what you said.. Its ALL Aesthetic.. The only thing that TRULY splits the Euro and the Zmost notably is the 3.4..

my Euro had the 3.4

I wish they would have put white outlined tails from the Euro3.4s on the white Zs....that would have been hot

Z-hood, dual hood louvers

Z-front bumper, front spoiler

Z-rear bumper, dual exhaust outlets & license plate in rear light assembly

Z-spoiler, decklid only

Z-grille, dual slotted

Z-side moldings

Z-badges

:mrgreen: hell, look at my car!

The Euros and the Z34s are completely different. Different look, different engines, and the Z34 was only available as a 2-door.

there's some truth to that...

Euros and Z34s are the same in every way except for the Z34's exterior appearance pacakage...and the fact that Z34s had the manual transmission option.

The Lumina Z34 was one "upgraded" trim level that GM actually made look totally different from the other trims. woot, woot!!

Yes, the Z34 was only available as a 2-door, but there was also the rare Euro3.4 which is like a 4-door Z34.

The Euros and the Z34s are completely different. Different look, different engines, and the Z34 was only available as a 2-door.

there's some truth to that...

Euros and Z34s are the same in every way except for the Z34's exterior appearance pacakage...and the fact that Z34s had the manual transmission option.

Also the interiors are notably different.

not really aside of the dashboard saying Lumina Z34, rather then Lumina Euro. a high optioned euro with console shift has the same look as a z34s interior, aside of the 5500 redline tach, the whitebowtie in the steering wheel and dash plaque.

yeah if you're planning to do a Z fx swap..its easier on a 2 dr car i guess since you wont have to find the razzi side skirts for the sides like you would on 4drs.

interior is basically similar, except the Z34 emblem on the dash and the bose(cept for a limited # of euros)

the dash is basically identical except if your unfortunate euro cars have the base gauges :lol: mines pretty much a Z dash except for the emblem

Weren't the seats in 92-94 Z34 specific as well? There was also a remote trunk release that might have been Z34 only, the 16" rims, 4-wheel ABS disc brakes.

euros could get the 92-94 seats as well, the remote trunk release could be had on euros, base, and z34s, 16' wheels could be had on euros as well. and any lumina aside of 1990 could have ABS.

Any pics of the dash and guages? I'm not considering doing a Z swap, this thread was more so to find out the differences between the two trim levels. The Z looks very nice, and I can tell it is a Z from blocks away lol..

It's wierd, my 90 Euro has that model only cluster (I think the 90 guage cluster was special to 90s only?) and down where is has the SES light there is a spot that says "Anti-Lock", and yes I know the 90 Euros didn't have ABS..so was GM thinking about added it, but then decided not to after they had manufactured all the guage clusters? I thought it was kinda wierd, but there's a few wierd things on my car so...

- Jeff L.

I was wondering the same thing about my Euro dash. It has an anti-lock light, but anti-lock brakes weren't even available that year, unless of course GM planned on using that dash the next year and already knew they were gonna offer abs brakes?

Shawn

I was wondering the same thing about my Euro dash. It has an anti-lock light, but anti-lock brakes weren't even available that year, unless of course GM planned on using that dash the next year and already knew they were gonna offer abs brakes?

Shawn

My Beretta also has an ABS light on the cluster, but ABS wasn't introduced on Berettas until 92....SO I guess this is a recurring theme within the GM system. :roll:

for interior specs the Z34 added...

actual bucket seats

Z34 dash plaque

red bowtie on steering wheel

7000 redline tach

...everything else was optioned on the Euro...GM could have made the insides a little more sportier but that's GM for ya

Shawn

My Beretta also has an ABS light on the cluster, but ABS wasn't introduced on Berettas until 92....SO I guess this is a recurring theme within the GM system. :roll:

The '93-94? Cutty's also still had the up shift light for a manual trans, and '92 was the last year for that.